42

You made it back to UA sometime around three in the morning.

Exhilaration coursed through your veins. This had been the first night where anything of importance had occurred, for the first time in quite a while you had finally been able to let your power free, you had been able to fight.

And you had won.

A part of you wished that you had been able to stay behind, but the police probably wouldn't have taken kindly to your presence. And tonight hadn't been the night to cause a scene with the officers, that would be taken care of another time.

After showering and changing into comfortable clothes, the events of the day began to catch up with you.

The exhilaration had gone, leaving only exhaustion. It may not have been the best idea to push yourself after just being healed.

Your mind was still trying to process the fact that you had been shot, by a teacher of all people.

And Shinsou's words had played in your head quite a few times. "That would have gone through her chest if I hadn't pulled her out of the way."

Of course, you had known that your relationship with most of the staff was rocky at best, but you hadn't expected one of them to try and kill you. Especially in the middle of a training exercise where there were numerous witnesses.

Apparently, you would need to keep your guard up even while surrounded by people who were supposed to be heroes.

Pushing away from the anger and confusion you were feeling, you quietly stepped out of your dorm and into the hallway.

All of the lights had been shut off, and you trailed your hand along the wall as you walked in an attempt to keep your bearings.

When you made it to Bakugou's dorm, you expected to find him asleep in bed. Instead, you could faintly make out his shadowed figure standing outside on his balcony.

He turned at the sound of the door shutting behind you.

"Why are you still awake?" You asked as you began walking toward him.

As you stepped outside you held out your hand and he took it in his own. "Just had a lot on my mind, I didn't think you'd be here tonight."

"I just woke up, Recovery Girl gave me the option to come back to the dorms." Your tone turned slightly teasing. "And I figured you would miss me if I was gone the whole night."

"Yeah yeah, you probably just didn't want to sleep without my arm to latch yourself around. You're like a damn sloth."

You laughed, "luckily it seems like we both have what we want now."

"Yeah, I take it that means you want to go to bed?"

"Yeah, unless you have something you want to talk about? If you're crazy enough to stand out here in the cold without a shirt, then there's probably something going on."

He didn't respond for a moment, and you waited. Knowing him, he probably wasn't used to actually talking about his feelings. He'd only just started opening up to you.

"It's just-" He sighed, "when we were watching your group during training and I saw everything go down, I had no idea what the hell had just happened. I just saw you get knocked to the floor, and then people started yelling and there was blood and you..."

He turned his head to the side, staring off into the dark horizon. "He's a hero, why the hell would he do something like that?"

You sighed, heroes were a topic that you knew that the two of you shared slightly different opinions on. "Just having a hero title doesn't make them a good person."