thirty - nine

~ SONG: AFTERGLOW BY: WILKINSON AND BECKY HILL ~

Josephine Elizabeth Katavana

Fuck.

I look at Josephine in front of me, a huge smile across her face before she covers her mouth and chews on her breakfast waffle.

"what are you staring at?" she giggles before looking away for a minute.

"Nothing much." I grin, she pouts and goes back to eating before she is about to go wash her dishes, but I get up and grab them from her and rinse them off putting them in the dishwasher.

"I need to go shopping today." I turn to see Josephine walking up to me, wearing nothing but my black t-shirt and her panties.

"ill come with you," I tell her.

"you don't have to, but you can if you'd like." She beams.

"Alright," I tell her as I grab her hand and lead her up the stairs.

"I'll need to start sleeping at my own house again soon." She laughs.

"y-you don't have to," I tell her.

"what are you talking about?" she turns to me.

"well, I mean, you can bring some of your stuff here, and stay when you want to." A small smile crosses my lips.

"oh." She blushes as she looks around for a minute, I want to know what she's thinking.

To soon lucifer.

"let's just get dressed" I nervously laugh "we can talk about it later" I scratch the back of my neck as she walks over to me and pecks my cheek before walking into the bathroom and closing the door.

Watching her watch away from me, realizing I have a.. girlfriend?

Lucifer having a girl that I didn't kick out after an hour.

I can get enough of her, her beautiful body, her beautiful smile, her beautiful laugh just everything, it won't ever be enough.

And if she promises not to give up on me, I promise to never let her go.

I walk over to my closet and pull out some black ripped jeans putting those on with some new boxers and a black sweatshirt, brushing my hair with my fingers frizzing it up a bit, and putting on some black boots.

I didn't feel like getting all dressed up today.

I turn around to see Josephine leaning against the door, wearing some type of sundress that she always wears, it goes about mid-thigh on her and has spaghetti straps I think they are called.

She rolls her eyes and walks away; I follow her after turning my light off.

...

We get into the car, she somehow got me to let her drive my car as I sit in the passenger's seat, the drive was alright... just more small talk.

The things I wasn't good at.

"what stores did you want?" I turn to her as we walk through the front doors.

"I need to get a new dress and a couple of other things." She looks at the stores as we walk.

"do you need anything?" she asks me as I shake my head.

"Lucifer." I hear before I turn to see her already looking towards me.

"Hm?" I hum in response.

"Why have you been so.... different lately?" she raises her eyebrow a bit, above her grey eyes.

Different?

"You deserve to be happy, so I'm trying to make you happy." Only the truth came out, I wanted her to be happy, but I wanted her to be with me and happy with me, however long that takes me.

"oh..." she turns away. "oh, here look" she speaks before turning and walking into a store before I follow her.

"Victoria secret?" I ask her as she nods and continues to walk away.

I see some other girls probably around our ages.

But they don't compare to Josephine's beauty.

Fuck, what happened to don't compare other girls to her Lucifer.

I don't know where Josephine went, but I turn to see all of the clothes in here, mostly underwear and bras.

I turn to see a black lingerie set, picking it up in my hands and looking at it.

"hey." I hear in my ear, but it's not Josephine.

I turn to see myself face to face with some random redhead.

"I'm sure that would look great on me." She grins.

Oh, fuck no.

"and I'm pretty sure it would look like shit on you," I growl, furring my eyebrows.

"come on we can have a little bit of fu-"

"Lucifer...." I hear the soft voice behind me as I turn to my side.

"Josephine" I smile.

"who's that?" she quietly asks me.

"I don't know" I scrunch my eyebrows together.

I turn around again and see the random girl I was talking to gone.

"i-I wasn't going to do anything; she came up to me," I tell her.

"it's alright..." she drifts off "what is that" she laughs as she looks down at my hands.

"oh this" I hold it up "I just think it would be nice on you, what do you think?" I smirk.

"could you hold it any higher!" she looks around as she tries to take it out of my hands. but I raise it higher, from her short height.

She laughs a bit before her eyes go wide and she walks away shaking her head.

I shake my head catching up to her when I see her in line to check out.

"We are not getting this, stop" she laughs as takes the set in my hands away from me and puts them on a random shelf trying to hold in her laughter.