Red Mist

"So long Corona!" I heard Hubert yell. I opened my eyes and I saw Cass jumping over the side of the basket. "I just realized, I never gave you a goodnight kiss." I watched as she punched him in the jaw and I felt hands behind me. I turned and saw Varian. "This is some crazy situation you've gotten yourself into milady." He said while he untied my hands. Once my hands were free I untied my legs as he untied the gag. Varian pulled me up. "You came for me?" I asked with a soft smile on my lips. "Of course I came after you milady." We looked over and saw Eugene struggling to get up in the basket. Varian and I both helped him up. "Uh guys...who's driving this thing?" Eugene asked. Varian handed met wand. I kissed his cheek before pointing my wand at Hubert. "I can't get a clear shot." I said as I watched Cass and Hubert fighting.

Cass had Hubert pinned against the side of the basket when suddenly it stopped moving. This caused Varian to fall on top of me and Cass to fall onto Hubert. "I knew you cared after all." Hubert said to Cass. "Well I don't!" With that Eugene tried punching his face but he pulled the book in front of his face. I watched as Varian pulled a pink ball from his pocket and thew it at Hubert but they had moved right before it landed. Eugene now held the book. "Get us down from here!" Cass told Eugene. He broke it and the balloon shot up.

Varian went over the side. "Ahh!" He yelled I leaned over the edge pointing my wand at him. A pink mist surrounded him keeping him hovering before Rapunzel grabbed him. While I was leaning over I felt someone's hand on the back of my head almost shoving me out of the basket. "No one come any closer or your beloved witch goes over the edge." I stared down at the ground. "Hand over the book. Now!" I heard rustling only assuming they gave him the book. "Let her go Hubert." I heard Eugene say. "You know is really like to know what you see in this disgusting witch. She is bound to bring you and your kingdom to the ground." I felt his hand move to the back of my neck. "Say goodbye to the wicked witch." All I could hear was everybody shouting. 'This has gone too far.'

My hand raised up and everyone gasped. I was able to turn around and I saw a red mist covering every inch of Hubert. I could feel something dripping down my nose while I still had my hand raised. I glanced at Eugene. "Grab the book and get us down." He turned and started hitting it. "Yup okay working on it guess we're not going to talk about what's going on. I guess that's fine." He rambled on and on. Suddenly I felt all of my energy draining. I watched as the red mist around Hubert turned pink before completely dissipating. I collapsed onto my knees from exhaustion. Hubert was able to grab his sword again and he struck the machine.

The balloon shot up and I could feel my vision become blurry. I quickly wiped my nose trying to get rid of the blood. "Give me the book Eugene." Hubert demanded. "And have Cassandra mad at me? I think not." "Oh believe me, you'd much rather have Cassandra mad at you than me!" He ended up cutting two of the ropes holding up the basket. The basket fell and I was holding onto it with one hand. I tried to pull myself back up, but I started slipping. Before I knew it I was falling.

"Ahh!" I yelled as I fell. Suddenly I stopped. I looked up and saw Varian holding me. "Gotcha!" He was holding onto Rapunzel's hair with one hand and my waist with the other. "Nice catch sapphires." "Anytime milady."

We finally landed on the ground. When we did Varian walked around me trying to figure out if I was hurt anywhere. "Sapphires...sapphires? Varian!" He stopped what he was doing and looked at me. "Yeah?" I giggled. "I'm fine!" He glanced up at my forehead. "That bruise on your forehead and dry blood under your nose would say otherwise." My eyes widened as I wiped my nose trying to get it off. "Shit! S-sorry sapphires. I-I thought I got it all." He giggled and took a damp cloth and wiped the dry blood off. "There's no reason to apologize milady." He suddenly pinched my arm. "Ow!" I said rubbing my arm. "That's for not waiting up for us." He wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled me into him with one hand holding my cheek. "And this is for saving me." With that he kissed me. It was a gentle and slow kiss. We didn't pull away until we heard someone clear their throat behind us. We both looked up and saw the others staring at us. We instantly pulled away and I looked down biting my lips and my cheeks on fire.