7| Stuck.

Jayda

One minute I was on the couch, the next minute I was on the floor. I didn't even make a sound. I was too scared once I heard the shots.

"Mamas you okay?" Shemar said once he heard the car skirt off.

I couldn't even respond to him. I just laid there for some time and he didn't move as long as I didn't move. His arms were wrapped around me from when he grabbed me, and he landed on the side of me.

It took me a few minutes to really process everything. "I'm okay. I'm okay." I said turning to him in his arms and hugging him back.

He picked me up as I was hugging him and carried me to my room upstairs.

"We gotta go right now." He said to me as he sat me on the bed.

I went in my closet and got some sweatpants, a sweater and a pair of sneakers and socks. Quickly putting it on, I grabbed my bag and my important things that I knew I would need.

"What about the cops?" I said slowly starting to hear them in the distance.

"Don't worry about it. I'll deal with that."

"How?" I questioned starting to get confused.

"I got it Jayda, do you trust me?" He said looking directly at me.

"I could've been dead." I said looking back at him. "Why wouldn't I trust you after that?"

"Okay, you gonna be gucci. I'll explain everything later I promise." He said as he pulled out his phone and shot a quick text.

He grabbed my hand and led me out of my house into his truck and sped off before the cops could turn the corner.

"You can start explaining now and please don't sugarcoat shit, I will smack the shit out of you." I said with hostility concentrated on the streetlights passing by.

My fear and shock had just started turning into anger. Now that everything fully set in, I'm tight because my crib got shot up.

"Yo chill." Shemar said speeding through traffic.

"Don't yo me my nigga, how you expect me to chill when my house is shot up? When my life flashed before my fucking eyes?" I said feeling my anger rise more and more as I spoke.

"Jayda please. I'll explain everything later." He said as he put his hand on my thigh and looked at me while we were stuck at a stop light.

I didn't even say anything back. I crossed my arms and focused on the road. For the rest of the ride it was dead silent.

Soon enough we are on the other side of Brooklyn at his house. Still in silence, we both got out of the car and went into his house. Opening the door, he let me walk in first, and closed the door right behind him.

"Explain." I said tiredly as he turned around from closing the door.

"Long story short, niggas came after my shit, I killed they mans, and now they tryna kill me. I had a weird feeling since earlier that this shit wasn't over so easily. Jayda it got real quiet. And I promise you, I'd never wanna out you in danger like that." He said sounding almost too sincere, which made me skeptical.

"How did you know to duck? Did you know?" And what do you mean it got quiet?"

"I seen the car stop at the corner of my eye. It makes no sense for the car to stop in the middle of the block. And I'm always very cautious mamas. I don't know when it happens but I pay attention. Like I said before niggas want my head."