18

"Oh god"

I remember everything.

The urge to close my eyes again to avoid the inevitable conversation about it with Charlie was strong.

I laid in silence listening to the sound of water hitting the shower floor dreading the moment that she came out.

That wasn't the way I wanted things to go, why couldn't I just shut up!

The acrid bubbling of bile at the back of my throat had me stumbling off the bed hoping that Charlie hadn't looked the door, the last thing I wanted was to cause her more trouble.

My senses were dulled and the only thing I could focus on was trying not to choke while I expelled everything I had drank the night before. When there was nothing left I slumped over the toilet just realizing that Charlie Gray had been behind me rubbing my back and I groaned feeling even more humiliated than before.

"Feel better? " I didn't have the guts to do anything other than nod, my eyes focused on the toilet.

She smoothed a hand down my hair before chuckling slightly, planting a kiss to my forehead and getting to her feet.

"Take a shower, I'll bring you a towel"

I sat there for a moment before doing as she instructed, the lavender scented bodywash and paired shampoo and conditioner duo helping to ease some of the stress.

I dried off with the towel that she had left staring thoughtfully at how the toothbrush that I now called my own had somehow found a place next to hers.

After brushing my teeth, I went back into the room. Charlie Gray wasn't there.

I rummaged around in her closet trying to find something to wear until I realized there was an entire drawer full of my clothes. Did I really stay here that often? Was she okay with this?

Everything was neatly folded and organized, I grabbed a random tank top and sweatpants before heading out to look for her.

It didn't take me long to find her, she was propped up on the counter eating grapes while her mother was turned to the stove.

She handed me a glass of water and placed a bottle of Tylenol on the counter beside her.

I mumbled out a "Morning" to be polite to Ms.Gray who smiled brightly at me, returning the greeting before going back to her cooking.

Charlie watches me as I swallow the tablets and I try not to let the fact that her eyes hadn't left me since I first came into the kitchen affect me.

She pulls me closer after I set the cup down, intent on feeding me grapes from her hand.

"Hey mom? " She called out, her eyes on me as I bit into the grape she held out for me.

"Hm?" Ms. Gray vaguely acknowledged from her position over the stove.

"How long until those pancakes are ready?"

"About 15 minutes until every thing is finished cooking" Charlie grins at me, a look that has my insides turning to mush and before I could do anything she grabs my face easing me towards her and biting the end of the grape that was still sticking from between my lips.

"We'll be outside then" She tells her mom who is still turned to the stove, stolen piece of grape pushed to the side of her cheek. Then she swipes the bowl of grapes off the counter, grabs my hand and directs us outside to sit away from the pool in a shaded area with couches that isn't visible from the door.

She pulls me down to sit beside her, her arm draped over the back of the couch, eyes closed for a moment before she turns to me, the same look from before coming back full force.

"So about last night, I've learned some interesting things about you Gia"

I can feel the heat crawling up my face coming to a stop on my cheeks and I try to look away from her gaze only for her to turn my head back to her.

"What? You're shy now? Just last night you were begging me to kiss you"

Red lights went off behind my eyelids as the panic set in and my hands immediately went up to cover my face, to somehow shield myself from her retelling of all the embarrassing things I'd said and done the night before.

"I would now if you'd only ask" She whispered into my ear before leaning back and popping another grape into her mouth, laughing when I blushed even more.

"Teasing you brings me a special type of joy but I'll stop because you look like you're about to combust" She eases a hand down my arm, succeeding in getting me to remove my hands from my face.

"We don't have to talk about it right now but we will eventually" She says with finality, and then Ms. Gray is bringing out breakfast for us, lovely looking pancakes covered in berries with promises of going back inside to get us juice and syrup.

***
Not my grammar being off this whole chapter. Will I fix it? Of course not.