Chapter 13

Star's POV

    I woke up from my little nap and looked at the clock that says 5 o'clock in the evening and we did get back from the mission somewhere around 3 o'clock so I must of took a good hour nap.

    Slowly getting out of bed, I went ahead and went to the bathroom that's connected to my room and used the restroom and take a warm shower forgetting everything that happened today until I accidentally knocked over a bottle of soap that fell into the shower floor and made the bang noise. It made me jump and remember what happened today.

    I shake badly and looked at my own hands that pulled the trigger to the gun and killing those people; I started to panic a little but forced myself to take deep breaths and I sit there under shower for another few more minutes and wished that the memory will leave my mind forever quickly just like the water going down the drain.

   Sighing, I turned off the water, wrap a towel around my body and another one around my long blonde hair and opened the bathroom door. I looked into my bedroom and noticed that Steve is standing there, looking at me in shock and a red face and mine is no different than his. Steve must of knocked and came in to check up on me when I was in the shower but then my brain started to work again as my face got even reder and quickly yelled at him to get out in a mix of embarrassment, shock, and panic because all I have is a towel on my body and head and that's it.

   I watched Steve quickly get out of my room like a bat out of hell and I ran to the door and locked it quickly once the door was closed behind him. I quickly got dressed and figured out how to use a blow drier and it took a long time to brush my wet hair out while using the blow drier, to which I was fine with because then I can calm down a bit.

   Once done and pulled my hair into a braid, I walk out of my room to see only Bucky on the couch with a smirk on his face and no sign of Steve. "Where's Steve?" I asked my friend and watched as he looked over at me.

"He went down to the training room but may I ask what you did to him that made him leave with a red face?" Bucky asked but I just ignored him.

"If I tell you then you won't stop bugging me about it." I said with a huff and walked into the kitchen and started to make dinner while making sure my back is facing him.

   I can feel Bucky's eyes on me like he's trying to figure out what I'm hiding from him like he would do back in HYDRA when I wouldn't tell him what the bad men did to me.

   It's quiet and I'm fine with that since I'm making my mother's famous family recipe; it's chicken pasta but the noodles and sauce are home made and right now I'm cutting up the noodles to make them look like noodles when Bucky talked. "Is it because he saw you come out of the shower?"

   I was so surprised that he got it right that I looked over at him in shock but at the same time I accidentally cut my finger and hissed in pain. Putting the knife down and put my cut finger under the faucet in the sink while Bucky got the Band-Aids.

"I was right then but you didn't need to cut your finger though." Bucky said and helped me treat my finger.

"Don't tell anyone that you found out or I well beat you in training." I warned but it's just an empty threat since we're both evenly matched but he was in the army and has a bit more experience than I do so that gave him the advantage for winning at the last minute everytime.

   He just chuckled and put the band-aid on my finger after putting some peroxide on the small wou d first so it won't get infected just in case. "I promise I won't tell anyone." He said but means the promise.

"Thank you, now go back to the couch because no one is allowed to see my secret families recipe unless you're in the family." I said with a smirk at the end and started to push him back to the living room and I went back to cooking and it's quiet once again but I didn't mind.

    When dinner finished and called Bucky over, we started to eat then Steve came in with a small blush on his face and I know that there's a blush on my face too as we both said small hey's.

"Would you like to join us?" I ask Steve with a small shy smile.

"I would love too." He answered and grabbed a bowl and put pasta in it and sit down with us.

     We all started to eat the food while the boys are giving me compliments of the pasta because it's really good. The three of us talked and told stories of the old times when we were younger and how everything changed from back then to now.

"Star, you need to know something." Steve said when we calmed down from laughing and he's serious.

   I looked at him curiously but waited for what he wants to tell me. I watched Steve take in a deep breath and says the words that I never thought that I would ever hear again. "You're mother is still alive."