Anger

Romantic picnic or fancy dinner?
XxXxX

Friday, July 25th
Roman's POV

To say I was tired was an understatement.

I was exhausted

Every day since me and Belle returned home four days ago I have been in my office or in meetings, I physically have not seen her since Monday which is probably the reason for my all-to-noticeable grumpiness. I don't like the way she affected me, it was a bad thing.

I was nearly done transferring another one of my fathers shares and I couldn't afford to stop. Normally it would be as simple as flipping a switch but since me and my father have completely different businesses I literally have to transfer every single client within the shares and their businesses one by one, piece by piece.

This brings me to two in total being done, out of 27. Just the though alone of how much is left to do makes me want to just stop, but I can't. I've pretty much just survived these last few days off of caffeine and I was in desperate need of actual good food. I actually wanted another cup of coffee but since I'm about to go home I decided not to.

I wanted to lay down, I wanted to eat and I wanted Belle

I wanted to hold her or kiss her like we did on our 'honeymoon'. I was terrified that those few days were too good to be true but when she cuddled up to me on the plane ride back I knew I had a shot. With new found energy and excitement I hurriedly packed my things that needed to come home with me and left my office before going home as fast as possible.

Belle's POV

"Belly what are you making??" Valentina pestered for the 5th time within the hour. "I told you Vale, I'm making dinner, just sit and let me cook." I begged. I was exhausted. These past few days I've slept like crap, restless if you will, and trying to match Valentina's energy everyday was a chore itself.

However I wasn't going to make her feel like I didn't want her around so I would try my hardest. Tonight since Polly and the other cooks are off I decided to make use of this grand kitchen that I've fell in love with and make dinner for me and Vale, I'll probably end up making a little extra for Roman but I never know what time he'll be home so god knows if he'll actually eat it.

It was almost seven thirty by the time I finished due to constantly having to shoo Vale's hands away from the food or find something to occupy her. I decided with a simple bouillabaisse sided with chicken confit. I had to differ from my recipe a little because Valentina was the pickiest person I've ever met and she also told me that Roman was too.

I mean seriously I have a few icks of my own but those two combined were astronomical. When I finally served Vale her portion I heard the front door open followed by heavy footsteps, I heard my name get called by no other than Roman but ignored it since it was in fact just Roman.

We may have taken a step forward in our 'relationship' if that's what you want to call it but I'm content where I am. It was quite for awhile, me and Vale just eating and talking before the kitchen door slid open revealing Roman in all his glory. "Didn't you hear me calling you?" He asked, almost breathlessly.

My guess is that he changed since he was no longer in a formal suit, but rather a casual pair of sweats and a hoodie that I've seen in his closet multiple times. "Mhm." I hummed in conformation. "Then why didn't you come when I called you?" He asked. "I'm not a dog Roman." I said, turning back to help vale cut her chicken.