ten

Spring has finally arrived. Heather sat in the library studying when Hermione slammed a big book on the table causing her and Ron to look at her. "I had you looking in the wrong section." Hermione admitted. "That was stupid of me."

Heather kept her mouth shut. "What's the book for?"

"I checked this out a few weeks ago for some light reading."

"That's light reading?" Ron asked making Hermione glare.

"Back to the book." Heather tells her.

"Of course! Here it is! "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione reads.

"The what?" Ron asked.

"Philosopher's stone." Heather mumbled as she remembers reading something about it. "That's it. The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."

"Correct." Hermione said.

"Immortal?"

Heather looked at Ron and shook her head at her friend. "It means you'll never die." Hermione tells him.

"I know what it means."

"Shut up, the both of you." Heather said.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!" That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione tells them.
~~~
That night, the three of them ran to Hagrid's to get more information in the stone. Once they reach the door and knocked. The door opened. "Hagrid!"

"Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." He tells them.

"We know about the philosopher's stone."  They tell him.

"Oh." He said as they walked in.

"We believe, Snape, is trying to steal it." Heather tells him.

"Snape? Blimey, Heather, you can't be still on about him." Heather started explaining her suspicions. She knew Hagrid probably won't believe her. "Heather, Snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone." Hagrid tells her.

"Huh?" She replies. "Wouldn't there be spells, enchantments being used."

"That's right, but if you ask me, it's a waste of time." Hagrid tells her

Heather watched Hagrid as he explained. She watched him closely as he went over to the cauldron that started to shake and pull out an egg. "What is that?"

"It's a um..."

"I know what that is, but Hagrid, how did you get it?" Ron asked.

"I won it. Off a stranger I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid off it, as a matter of fact." Hagrid tells them.

The egg rattles and cracks. Pieces fly off as a dragon emerges. It squeaks and slips on an egg piece. Heather smiled as she saw the dragon. The book George gave her came in handy. "Is that...a dragon."

"Not just a dragon." Ron tells her. "That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania."

"Wow." Heather said as she looked at the dragon.

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hehe. Hallo, Norbert."

"Norbert?" Heather questioned the name.

"Well it's got to have a name." Hagrid tells her.

Heather smiled, but noticed Hagrid looking out of his window making her look to see a retreating figure of Draco Malfoy. "Why that no good weasel." She said as she knew he would tell about the dragon.