14: Aftermath

I woke up tied to a wooden stake. The world around me was illuminated by a red moon. I thought I saw Itachi in the distance but everything was inverted.

"I-Itachi? W-where am I?" I muttered out, hoping for a response.

"Welcome Y/n. To my Tsukuyomi," he appeared before me.

My whole body ached with severe pain, and I felt myself slipping in and out of consciousness.

"Mm-mm, Y/n. Wake up," he called as kunai stabbed into my wrists and along my arms, causing me to let out a loud scream.

"How does it feel to finally experience my visual prowess firsthand?" he smirked as his hand trailed my face.

"W-why?" I cried out softly.

"Because, Y/n. You're mine, and you always will be. I can't let you forget that."

"Please Itachi," I whimpered.

"Don't worry, Y/n.... We'll have plenty of fun while you're here. Just like we always do."

I was already experiencing the worst pain of my life, so I took a deep breath and prepared for the worst.

I wasn't sure what had happened to make him do this, but whatever was between me and Itachi had officially ended. He made sure of that the moment he brought me here. Now all that was left to do what wait it out and hope I didn't die before I was set free.

•••••

"Y/n. Y/n, can you hear me?" Tsunade's voice called me back into consciousness.

"T-tsunade," I croaked out.

"Good, you're awake," she smiled as she brushed through my hair softly. "You had us all so worried."

"W-what happened?..." I mumbled out before it all came flooding back.

"Gaara!! Is he ok!?" I tried to sit up but my whole body screamed at me in resistance and I quickly fell back in my bed.

"Take it easy! You won't be getting out of bed anytime soon. But yes, Gaara is ok. The mission was completed successfully."

I closed my eyes as tears began to roll down my face, "That's good. Is everyone else safe?"

"Lady Chiyo didn't make it. She gave her life to bring back Gaara.. And Kakashi is on bed rest just like you, but otherwise, everyone is ok."

I sighed and shook my head, "I guess you should've kept me back after all."

"It's not your fault, Y/n. You've been through a lot... Almost anyone else would've died with the trauma Itachi put you through." She looked at me with sad eyes, "Do you remember anything?"

"I saw him, while I was trapped in his Tsukuyomi. He said he had to remind me that I would always be his," the tears returned as I remembered the time I spent in his trap.

"He lied, you know that? You're not his," a sweet voice called out to me.

"Kakashi!" I yelled as I saw him walking into the room. He hobbled slowly over to the empty bed, dragging along an IV with him.

"What are you doing out of bed?" Tsunade glared at him.

"I heard she was awake. I figured we could spend our time here in the hospital together, make it suck a little less," he smiled at me.