𝐺𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑝

"So I know you already heard a bit from Y/N," your coach starts off as she gathers your teammates around, "but there's going to be a camp for both Nekoma volleyball teams along with the teams of Fukurodani next week."

You watch as your teammates light up in excitement just the way the boys' team did when they heard the news.

"Also, it is tradition that on one of the last days, the girls from both Nekoma and Fukurodani will play a game against the boys of both teams. Throughout the week both the Fukurodani girls' coach and I will be evaluating you to make up our starting lineup for the game."

Your coach continues to describe the tradition, ending the lecture on a note that sent chills down the body of each of your teammates.

"And I swear to god you better not lose. I've got money riding on this shit with Nekomata-sensei," she growls, "I will not submit to that fucker again."

Way to keep it professional, coach.

"So Y/N a whole week with Kai-chan, huh?" Ritsuko teases while mocking the way you say your friend's name

"Ritsu what's your obsession with Kai?" you ask frustratedly.

"Oh my god," Nakamura whines, "are you blind? He's super into you, Y/N!"

"Not to mention he's also super hot," Ritsuko adds.

"Look you two," you say as you cross your arms in a means to show them you aren't messing around, "I am not interested in anybody like that and it's probably been a million times since I-"

You get cut off by Ritsuko interrupting you with her own rebuttal.

"Well I heard that you almost kissed Kai last Saturday."

"Ooo seriously?!" Nakamura turns to you with excitement painted all over her face.

"How old are you guys, twelve? I thought you were supposed to be mature," you say as you roll your eyes.

You begin to walk away, but what Ritsuko says next causes you to stop dead in your tracks.

"It's too bad that Kenma interrupted your little moment," she says cockily, "buuuut I bet you were glad that he came to your rescue."

You sigh and turn back to your friends, anger fading, leaving yourself to be more vulnerable to them.

"Fine I'll admit that both Kenma is attractive but I don't have a crush on him or Kai and I don't even want to think about dating."

The girls groan in disappointment. After thinking that you were going to give them a better answer, they're left sad from the real response.

"Well I'm going to the boys' gym for practice I'll see you both on Friday."

"Huh?"

"Why are you going to the boys' gym? You don't have to go today," Ritsuko asks sincerely.

"There's nothing wrong with extra practice," you shrug.

As you walk away, you hear both of your friends whispering behind you.

"There's got to be something more than just practicing going on there," Ritsuko says quietly to Nakamura.

You decide it's best to ignore the girls and make your way to the other gym instead of picking another losing fight.

When you arrive at the boys' gym, you quietly push open the door and catch Kenma on the side drinking his water. As you put down your gym bag nearby, you wave to him.

"You excited for the camp next week?" you ask energetically as you get ready to begin practice.

You notice Kenma send you a quick grin as he places down his water bottle. When he stands back up, he nods calmly.

"What was that?" you ask coyly, "I coulda sworn I saw you smile for a second."

Kenma takes a few steps closer, only letting a few inches between you.

"Because I'll get you all to myself for a week," he breathes before starting to walk around you.

"Ya know everybody else is going to be there too," you whisper as he reaches your side.

Kenma stops in his tracks. The two of you standing side by side, facing different directions. You look over at him and see his eyes piercing glare into yours.

"That doesn't matter I'll just find my ways to get you alone like I usually do."

His answer rings in your mind as he walks away. The calm tone he spoke to you in left you frozen in your spot. That is, until you hear his voice speak louder from a bit further away.

"Are you gonna practice or not?"

His voice prompts you to turn around. You see him standing a little ways from you, golden eyes still piercing into your own.

"Oh, r-right," you stutter as you jog after him.

Eventually, Kenma stops nearby Kuroo.

"Choosing Y/N over me again, huh Kenma?" Kuroo teases.

You look to Kenma whose face is red from either embarrassment or anger, you can't tell. After Kenma's muttering under his breath for a response, Kuroo turns his attention to you.

"At least don't make her chase after you like that, stupid," Kuroo adds with a hint of disdain.

You grab onto Kenma's arm and pull him past Kuroo, in an effort to finish the awkward conversation. Kenma tries to ask you something but instead, you cut him off.

"Just ignore him," you snap, "he's going to keep bothering you as long as you give him the reaction he wants."

"Tch," he disagrees as he rips his arm out of your grasp, "I already know that Y/N."

You both look back at Kuroo who's still smirking at the pair of you.

"He's just going to be annoying no matter what," Kenma says defeatedly before picking up a volleyball.

"So you're saying you got it under control?" you tease as you grab the ball from his hands.

"Huh? Of course I do," he grumbles as he watches the ball leave his grasp.

"If you say so."