𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑀𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝐴 𝑁𝑜𝑖𝑠𝑒

After hearing your coach's voice boom across the gym, the girls' volleyball team members simultaneously whip their bodies across to face their mentor.

"Alright girls I'm ending practice here. You all should try to relax before we leave on Monday and remember we're leaving right in the morning!"

Your friends begin to sigh in relief from finally getting a break. Nakamura especially voices her excitement, forgetting that her coach is nearby.

"And don't go too crazy with partying either," your coach says skeptically, "I'm looking at you 'Mura!"

Nakamura's face immediately goes pale and apologizes for her behavior. After the rest of the lecture, you walk over to Nakamura to soothe her gloomy state.

"She always calls me out," Nakamura pouts as you guide her to the other girls packing their belongings.

"That's so not true," Ritsuko voices, "I constantly get told to check my damn language because I'm the captain! So dumb. It's not like any of you don't say that stuff!"

"Yeah but it's because you're the captain," Mito chuckles.

"No fair," you hear Ritsuko mumble in response.

As you begin to walk away you hear Mito call out to you.

"Hey Y/N you want to get something to eat?"

Behind Mito, you hear Ritsuko mumble to herself.

"Y/N. The one person coach never yells at."

Either you were the only person who heard her or the rest of your friends decided to ignore her complaint.

"Sorry but I'm going to practice with the guys," you tell them.

"Again?!" exclaims Nakamura.

"Well yeah," you say as you observe your friends who all have worried looks on their faces, "but I promise I won't go too crazy like coach said!"

You wave goodbye to your friends and exit the gym, heading to the other one nearby containing the boys' team.

Once you put your bag down, you walk up to Kenma who stands with Kuroo, Yaku, and Lev.

"You really don't want to come?" Kuroo begs his roommate, "It's just going to be me, 'Kaashi, and Bokuto."

Kenma shakes his head, telling his friend that he doesn't plan on going to Fukurodani University with him right now. This immediately strikes an idea in your brain as you turn to Kenma and give him an innocent smile.

"Wanna hang out with me then?"

The group looks at you as if you have three heads before proceeding to look at Kenma in anticipation of his answer.

"Sure," he replies calmly as he shrugs.

"What the hell?!"

You can see the shock on the boys' faces as Kenma's response registers in their ears.

"You won't go with Kuroo but you'll hang out with Y/N-chan? That's a little suspicious, Kenma," Yaku teases.

"Yeah seriously," Kuroo whines, "how is there nothing going on between you two."

Before either you or Kenma could retaliate, Lev comes to your rescue.

"Because they're both friends and have common interests. Besides Kenma probably doesn't want to go all the way to Fukurodani when he could just stay here," he shrugs.

Someone remind me that I totally owe Lev one.

"Huh?" Yaku's voice squeaks, "you really believe that's all that's-"