Chapter 16 - Curious

Once gain, Asher found himself in a predicament.

After dressing the beast, the servant became a bit distracted as his thoughts kept returning to what he had done with the Prince the other night.

The nightshirt that he had picked out was long, but not long enough to fully cover the creature's waist and Asher's eyes would occasionally wander too far south before darting away. He very much wanted to blame it on curiosity, but he had gotten more than a proper look last time, so that theory was out the window.

In the end, as soon as the beast was ready for bed, Asher scurried out of there at the speed of light, leaving a bewildered Leon behind.

Back in his guest room, he closed his eyes shut and crossed his legs, hoping to ignore the strange ache that had begun to pester him.

Maybe he was just a late bloomer?

When Asher was younger, he knew that the other boys had taken interest in sex much earlier than he had and while he continued to play in the woods and go on imaginary adventures, the other teens would focus on dating. Thus far, Asher himself had never even considered experimenting because he had not been interested. As a matter of fact, he had even considered it gross. Giving the Prince a hand job was probably the first sexual act of his entire life...Er...Aside from the occasional 'morning wood' that is.

It was odd that his body was suddenly reacting unpredictably. Maybe the extensive amount of hands-on work from washing the Prince was what triggered it? Either way, he wasn't sure if his poker face had been convincing enough and stressed the night away, fearing that Leon might have noticed his strange behavior before he had left.

The next morning he woke up extra early to relight the fires and start breakfast. Since baking was his specialty, he opted for making some fresh bread with butter and jam, along with a glass of mild wine. Orange juice would have been preferred, but it was out of season and he couldn't magically conjure up fruit like the castle did.

This time he didn't make it all the way to the room before running into the Prince. He was wandering the halls near the kitchen when they bumped into each other.

"Up already?" Asher asked, tray in hand as he stepped alongside the monster.

The Prince shrugged. "Couldn't sleep actually."

"Oh...Why not?"

The creature didn't face him, but rather stepped carefully while keeping his eyes to the ground. "It's been three days. She's sure to return any time now..."

Asher had almost forgotten about that. After all this time, her absence was getting a little unsettling. The longer they waited, the more likely she would appear, and the jumpier the Prince would be until then.

"Are you okay?" He asked cautiously.

"No. But that won't change anything, will it?" The beast grunted.

Once more the servant struggled to think of a way to brighten up the Prince's mood. Unfortunately nothing came to mind.

Asher startled when the beast suddenly speared one of the bread slices with his claw and began to nibble on it. "Give a guy a warning, will ya?" He squawked.

"Why did you run off last night?" Leon asked after finishing his bite. "I wanted to talk more."

The servant immediately turned towards the wall to his right so that the beast wouldn't notice the embarrassed blush that graced his face. "I uh...I was just tired. But if you want, we can talk now?"

"Which village are you from?" The beast asked instantly.

"Glenpoint. It's about half a day's journey to the south."