Chapter Three

Being jetlagged and going to work doesn't mix well I found that out today. I was trying to sketch some new outfit ideas when my eyes became heavy making my head drop to the desk with a loud bang drawing in people's attention. I flush with embarrassment rushing off to the bathroom and that's where I am now hiding in the bathroom too scared to go back out. I stare at myself in the mirror. A drop of hot water streams down my cheek causing more to follow. I splash my face with water calming myself down. I pull out a makeup wipe and wipe off the smudged mascara when that high pitch giggle comes back, "Oh my god Charlie that was hilarious," I tense up and bite my tongue fighting back some more tears, "What's wrong CharlieBrown the cat got your tongue," I feel my grip tighten around the sink.

"Go away," I grit through my teeth not in the mood to deal with this right now. I fix my makeup and give myself one more look in the mirror before turning on my heel and walking out of the bathroom masking my embarrassment and starting the countdown in my head until I can go home and forget this day.

••••••

I turn the doorknob and take a step inside completely forgetting about Derek being here earlier. Wow, they did a really good job. The couch was a light grey decorated with a white blanket and royal blue and white pillows. The fluffy white rug underneath was amazing. My eyes land on the box I told them not to dare open. I scrunch my nose up and let out a sigh. I walk into my room putting my bag down so I can let my body flop down on my new bed. My room is decorated in white sheets with a royal blue and white duvet with white and royal blue pillows to match.

As I feel myself slowly start dozing off, I hear a rude pounding at the door. I groan and force a smile on my face and open the front door, "CHARLIE-ROSE," Lyon screams before jumping into my arms forcing me to fully wake up.

I pull him into a hug and my fake smile disappears and is replaced with a real smile, "Hey Lyon," I greet before placing him back down on the ground.

I lift my head to meet Lyon's father stare, "Lyon behave yourself and my brother is going to be picking Lyon up," he shoves a bag full of toys and essentials into my arms.

I nod my head as he turns to walk out the door when I stop him, "Wait Sir what's your name? I never got it," I ask placing the bag down.

He stops and clears his throat and fixes his suit up, "Christopher," he answers bluntly and vanishes out of my apartment before I can even thank him for my newly decorated apartment.

I turn my attention back onto Lyon to see him sitting on the couch peacefully, "Want to watch TV?" I ask joining him on the couch.

Lyon's eyebrows frown in confusion, "I've never watched the TV before," I'm in shock. One he can speak extremely well for a five-year-old and two he has never watched TV before.

I blink a couple of times trying to register what he said, "Well do you want to watch it and see if you like it," I gently nudge his shoulder.

Lyon nods excitingly as I turn on the TV to the kid's channel for him to enjoy.

••••••

Time flies by I barely notice a knocking at my door I've had my head so deep into my sketchbook ever since Lyon fell asleep.

I pad my way to the door opening it to be met with a well-dressed man. He has a navy suit on his hair is gelled back keeping it out of his face. His dangerously dark brown eyes that are extremely hard to read. He towers over me in height, he has to be at least six-foot-four tall, "Charlotte-Rose, right?" his voice comes booming into my apartment snapping me out of my trans.