two.

"Boy! Go get Sakari and leave me alone!" Tamara whined as her som hugged her tightly

"You not gon miss me mama?" he asked, refusing to let her go. "Ima miss you!"

"Yes baby, I'll miss you so much. But I'm hot, and you too close to me," she chuckled. "I love you though, Poppie. Just love me from over there," she pointed and he sighed dramatically, sounding like his dad.

Today was the day that he and Sakari would be traveling back to school. Unfortunately, Sakari didn't have a car yet, so she rode with him which was okay because their families spent all of their holidays together anyway.

Mekhi always missed his parents a lot over the school year, he was an only child, so they were all he was used to, at least when he was home. The house got lonely sometimes, but that's why he was glad he had Sakari and her family.

"Dad! You not gone come see ya' son off?" he called out to his father, who was in the living room.

"Ima be next door in five minutes, son! You know Tootie sleep, y'all not leavin' for a good hour," he said and Khi simply shook his head, hoping his dad was wrong but knowing he was right.

His car was already packed up, so he just walked out the door, hopping his fence into Sakari's yard. "Hey Tete Meeka," he grinned, leaning down to give her a hug, as she stood at the counter.

"Hey boo! You excited to take my baby and go to school?" she teased, knowing she was the one who cried every time they had to leave.

"You always make it sound like I'm kidnapping her, Tete," he chuckled.

As she went to respond, he heard Shiloh call his name—well his nickname, and he looked over to see the younger girls tumbling over to see him.

"Hey Poppie!" Siarah cheesed, reaching up for him.

"Hey pretty girl, hi lil bit," he smiled at the girls, and picked Siarah up, until he saw Tyree waddling over. "Aw, wassup fatman? You growin' up too fast for me boy," he chuckled at the baby and lifted him into his other arm.

Semaja came and said hello too, and they played around for a little bit while he waited on Sakari to get up.

"Man her lazy ass. We gon be late," he mumbled, and Semaja popped his arm. "Sorry," he laughed, remembering the baby was still in his lap.

Looking around at the kids, he had an idea that would possibly get him hurt—but it was definitely his best option right now.