six.

As class let out for the day, Sakari speed walked behind Aja to catch up with her

As class let out for the day, Sakari speed walked behind Aja to catch up with her. The past few weeks the girls had become closer but all that came to a stop last week when Sakari saw she and her ex, hopefully, arguing.

"Aja!" she called. Although they texted, in class, Aja's personality did a complete 180. She was no longer that lively and cheery spirit Kari had come to enjoy seeing, it was like she was withdrawing more every week.

Aja stopped in her tracks and turned around to see Sakari, who finally caught up with her. "Hey..." she drew out.

"Hey, I just wanted to talk to you...you know see if you were okay—and I don't mean to pry or anything, but I'm...well I'm just worried," she confessed, sighing briefly. If having one friend going through a breakup and not talking wasn't enough, she felt like the worst friend of the year now.

"I-I'm uh," Aja opened her mouth to lie but stopped mid sentence. She figured if there was someone she could vent to she should take the opportunity. "I'm not," she sighed.

"Well if you ever wanna talk I'm—oh! Uh, did you wanna talk? I have some time before my class and—" Kari replied, not at all expecting her to answer favorably.

"No, I know that guy is waiting for you, he always is," she chuckled. "Call me after classes? We can get some food," she suggested and Sakari nodded. "Cool, see you,"

"Okay, be safe," she waved and Aja waved back before walking off. "If only Jeli would let me bribe her with food," she chuckled to herself and started to walk toward the spot she and Khi would meet to go to their class.

Once she rounded the corner, she saw him talking to Mina, smirking about something. She pulled out her phone to look a tad bit busy, also so she wouldn't stare and irritate herself. She actually did have texts to reply to, from Amber and Jeli, talking about what they were doing after the game on Saturday.

There were usually parties after games, and that was most likely what her friends would want to do, which meant the game was on to try and convince Kari to come too. It's not like she was completely against it, but parties weren't her first choice of recreation.

amber🤩: sakariiiiiiiiiii 😏
jeli: come out and get drunk with your friends sis 🙂 it'll be fun 🙂
: LMAO not y'all being creepy. ill think ab it

"Excuse me, Ms. Sakari Carter?" she heard, and she realized in her efforts to 'look busy' she walked right past Mekhi and Amina.

"Oh shit," she chuckled, turning back to walk over. "Hi, sorry" she waved at them both.

"Hey," Amina waved with a short smile.

"Dry ass hi," Mekhi curled his lip up and Sakari shook her head. "Ima hit you later, Mina," he nodded at her and she did the same, waving at Sakari again before walking off.