Chapter 34: Remember Me

*** Ta da! I am not dead...yet... But there is a moment in here when a song is sung and, while some of you may recognise it and the movie it is from, in my universe that movie isn't made because it's a special song for particular characters. Anyway I hope you all enjoy the chapter!***

***Alexis POV***

"I do believe that your comprehension of the Asguardian language is growing by the day, Aithne." After breakfast, Loki decided to give me another lesson in his language while the others were all busy with Avengers work, or in Tony's case, Stark Industries work.

"Do you really think so?" I ask as I pick up the papers that I had been using during my lesson with Loki.

"I do, Aithne, " Loki placed a soft hand on my shoulder, ignoring the soft flinch I did. " I may be the infamous 'God of Lies' but I would not lie to you, dear heart."

A grin lights up my face, as I stack the papers neatly on the coffee table, before turning to Loki. Leaning over I wrap my arms around his neck. He stiffens at my touch but slowly his arms wrap around me as I whisper "Thank you so much, Loki."

Pulling away, I fall back onto the couch. I groan as pain shoots through my side.

"Are you okay, Aithne?" Loki exclaims as he reaches for me.

I wave a hand as I push myself up. "I just forgot about my ribs," I say sheepishly as I manage to sit up.

"Need to be more careful there, doll." Turning around, I see Steve and Bucky walking over to us.

"Buck's right. We don't need you getting any more injured than you already are, " says Steve as he walks past, and sits opposite me.

"Besides how do you forget about cracked ribs?" Bucky snorts as he sits by Steve.

I shrug."I guess I am just special," I laugh as I scoot back into the cushions bringing my feet up.

"That you certainly are, Aithne." Loki chuckles leaning back. "However I do wish that I could aid in your healing in some way." Looking over to him, I see him glaring at his hands before seeming to shake off whatever was weighing on his mind.

"It's okay, Loki." I say, "I am perfectly fine healing the way I usually do. In fact I heal even better now since I have Dr Cho's special medicine."

"Dr Cho certainly is a genius when it comes to advanced medicine," Bucky says, before clapping his hands together. "Anyway we just came back from a horrendously boring meeting, so I am up for some fun. "

"Like what?"

"Well we got a whole tower to explore, but I know the best level to go to," Standing up from the couch he waves his hand. "Follow me."

The rest of us look at each other and shrug before following.

"By the way, doll. Where did you put my hoodie?"

"Oh I had to go up to my room before and I got too hot so I put it in my room. Did you want it back?"

Bucky waves his hand in dismissal. "Nah. I was just curious. Anyway, onto the road to have some fun."

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"You think you can take on the God of Mischief in a battle and come out victorious?"

"Well given how well you 'took over the world' I don't believe you'll be much of a challenge."