Chapter 45: Complications

A/N: This book is officially coming to an end very soon :( I just finished organizing the upcoming chapters and the end is closer than I thought  😔

Anyways, two chapters cause I felt bad for how long it took to update 😂

I walked back home alone, the box of files tucked under my arm. Hawks had an urgent call to return back to his angency, but it gave me more time to look over the files and have a thinking process alone. 

I finally reached my house and went to unlock the door with my key. The only problem, was that the door was already unlocked, when I could've sworn I locked it when I left. 

I set the box down and grabbed my flintlock from my jacket pocket. I took a deep breath and slammed the door open, ready to confront any intruders. 

There sitting in my living room, were the students that saw me in the smoothie shop. 

"Geez guys" I sighed, stuffing the gun back in my jacket and grabbed the box again. I closed the door behind me and stood by the door, looking at startled faces. 

"You almost shot us?!" Kirishima gasped. 

"I thought someone dangerous broke in!" I defended myself. 

"Nice place you got here!" Kaminari said, stretching a little and relaxing into my couch. 

"Okay but what are you guys doing in my house?" I questioned. 

"Your neighbors unlocked the door for us when we showed up to visit you, they said they were worried about you" Todoroki explained. Bakugou was sitting on my armchair, eating spicy Ramen he grabbed from my kitchen. 

"I have enough people stalking me" I muttered, walking towards the kitchen to set the box of files down. 

"How come you haven't been at school?" Bakugou asked, glaring at me. 

"I've been on a case, and it's taking longer than I anticipated" I answered. 

"You look tired" Todoroki mentioned, noticing the bags under my eyes. 

"I am tired" I admitted as if it were nothing. 

"Sir, everything doesn't seem like it's okay, even when you say everything is" Midoriya said, looking at me in concern. 

"I'm alright, well I will be once this is over at least" I yawned. (I yawned when I typed the word yawn) 

"...You're in trouble, aren't you?" Todoroki asked. I stopped stretching and looked over at my students. I've never seen them look at me with this much concern before. It was usually the other way around. 

"I guess I am" I muttered, thinking about how much metal was manufactured, and it just keeps multiplying. "It'll be fine though" 

"How is that fine?" Bakugou asked. 

I didn't answer, because I didn't know how to respond. Was everything fine? It's not like I've never been in danger before, maybe this time just felt different? Maybe because I have an actual weakness now?