Chapter 46

"Jeju island???" Chaeryeong exclaimed in shock, her mouth opened as wide as her two eyes were.

"Yeah. You guys are welcome to join if you'd like," Yeji answered, calmly taking another bite of her dinner.

"But of course, coach will probably ask you guys to help out when we're training and stuff since we don't really have a manager for the team," Ryujin added.

It was a Wednesday evening, and the 5 were having dinner at the school canteen after a busy day of classes for Jisu and Chaeryeong while the other three had just finished yet another practice session with the team where they diligently prepared for their upcoming game against Rose and Lisa, the same way they had prepared for their game with Sakura and Wonyong.

"But I thought the semi-finals game was this weekend?" Jisu asked in confusion.

"We just got the news that the stadium is going through minor renovations. Something to do with a pipe leakage or something, so the game is postponed to next next week. Which is why we thought we'd head over to Jeju island! Like a mini training camp ... sort of," Yuna responded as she took a bite of her kimchi fried rice.

"I'm surprised the coach is letting you guys do this...," Jisu replied, still in somewhat of a shock at the idea of heading to Jeju this coming weekend, especially so suddenly.

"I-It was actually my idea ... I thought it would be a good thing for the team, you know, to take a little break, get some fresh air," Yeji said.

"And how long will the trip last?" Chaeryeong questioned.

"It'll be short. We leave Friday morning and come back Sunday morning."

"And you guys do realize it's still winter, right? Jeju is gonna be freezing at this time of the year," Jisu added.

"Guys we have it all planned out," Ryujin rebutted. "The inn we're staying at has a hot spring, and a highschool close to it agreed to let us use their court for practice. We'll be staying indoors most of the time. There's really nothing to be worried about! And it's not like we're forcing you guys to come to-"

"But it would be nice if you guys came along," Yeji interrupted as she placed her hand gently on Ryujin's shoulder, as if to tell the girl to calm down a little.

"Yeji unnie is right. We haven't had a trip yet since she came back... And since we're all pretty busy, this is the perfect timing to go ..." Yuna chimed in, before showing her own version of puppy-dog eyes at both Jisu and Chaeryeong, which much to the dismay of the two older girls, was much too difficult to resist, no less to say no to.

"I-I guess we can go too? What do you think, Jisu unnie?" Chaeryeong reluctantly said with a smile as she turned to look at Jisu who sat beside her, with the older girl letting out a deep sigh in response.

"Fine, we'll go ... but I swear I'm saying no next time you pull that again Yuna-ya."

"Yay!" Yuna exclaimed loudly, enough that most if not everyone who was at the cafeteria stopped and turned to look at the young girl, thought it was pretty clear to the unnies that Yuna didn't care, for she was just excited at the idea of the 5 going to Jeju island, even if it was technically with the other members of their team as well as their coach. But it was still a small trip nonetheless.

"I'll let coach know to get two extra plane tickets then," Yeji said with a warm smile, happy that she wouldn't have to spend three days away from Jisu.

"Oh and what time do we leave on Friday?" Chaeryeong asked, wanting to make sure she would have everything packed a few hours before.

"Our flight is at 6 A.M, so we're leaving at 4:30-ish to get to the airport first?" Ryujin answered.