nineteen

19. Klaus

Aria sat on the basement floor, her back against the wall, impatiently waiting for Elijah to wake up.

"Come on Elijah" Aria whispered, "It's time to wake up".

"Aria".

"Oh for gods sake" Aria said in annoyance, she stood up, seeing Elena enter the basement.

"What did you do?" Elena asked, shocked seeing the dagger out of Elijah.

"What I should have done the minute you guys daggered him" Aria replied, really not in the mood to deal with Elena.

Before Elena could say anything, Elijah woke up with a gasp, startling both the girls.

Aria quickly ran over to Elijah and kneeled down next to him, "Elijah".

Elijah looked at Aria, "Ariana".

"Yeah, it's me, it's Aria" Aria said, happy to see Elijah finally awake.

For a moment, Elijah just stared at Aria, then suddenly stood up, groaning in pain.

"I can't--I can't breath" Elijah said, having trouble speaking, "What's happening to me?".

"I don't know" Aria whispered, not knowing how to help the Original.

Elijah tried to speed away but ended up crashing into the wall, Aria quickly ran over to him and steadied him.

"I can't--I can't--I can't be in this house" Elijah gasped.

Suddenly, realisation came over Aria's face, she looked between Elena and Elijah, "You're not invited in".

"Get me out of here" Elijah said, speeding away, Aria and Elena quickly running behind him.

Elena and Aria ran towards the front door where Elijah was, Elijah glared at Elena and tired running towards her, but the barrier on the door stopped him.

"What happened?" Elijah asked more so Aria then Elena, he no longer trusted the doppelganger.

"Shh" Elena said, pointing to her ear then upstairs, indicating that Stefan and Damon will hear them.

Truth is, Elena had gone downstairs to get the dagger out of Elijah, just like Aria she knew only Elijah could now save Bonnie from sacrificing herself, but to her surprise, when she had gone downstairs the dagger was already out of Elijah, courtesy to Aria.

"I'll tell you" Elena whispered, "But not here, can I trust you?".

"Can he trust you?" Aria snapped, making Elena and Elijah look at her, "Why are you even here Elena?".

"You know why" Elena snapped back.

Aria rolled her eyes at Elena's words, she turned to Elijah who was already looking at her with a small smile on his face, "Here" Aria said, handing Elijah the dagger, much to Elena's shock, "Me and Damon should have given you this the moment we got it, I'm sorry".

Elijah took the dagger from Aria's hand, "You have nothing to apologise for Ariana".

Both Aria and Elijah smiled at each other, while Elena looked between them with a frown her on her face, she knew it was going to be a long day today.