Chapter 40: Sticking Together

Jayden's POV

I walked down the hallway from Kyra's bedroom, smiling. I never thought I'd feel these kind of feelings for my arranged wife.

When we got married months ago, I thought it'd be the worst year of my life, but I was wrong. It was better than I expected and everyday, I had one more reason to believe this union was a package of happiness and diving deeper into my insecurities and passions.

My feelings for Kyra were undeniably growing stronger by every moment I spent with and without her. They weren't feelings I was familiar with, or feelings that I could describe perfectly well without missing a key word.

They were strong, beautiful and gave me a reason everyday to try and be a good man for her. A good husband who she could look up to and never forget even after going our separate ways.

It wasn't just about the irresistible pleasure with her. She had a magnetic effect on my heart that I couldn't stop. My heart was slowly but surely getting involved.

I left her taking her bath with the help of her personal nurses right after a few stretches. She was putting in all her effort to get better. I admired her strength.

Even after everything she went through, she was alive and doing her best to tame the situation to best suit her comfortability.

Her family had arrived a few minutes earlier. I was on my way downstairs to help Nick and catch up with everyone. This would be our first breakfast together with no missing family member. Dad had called to assure me he'd be there. He was handling most of the office work while I worked at home.

"Lisa, will you..."

"Do not touch me, Kyle! What do you want from me? Just stay away from me!" I heard Lisa yell back, trying to control her voice. I stopped walking. They were standing by the room four rooms down the hallway.

"All I want is for us to talk. Why are you treating me like this?" Kyle asked her, gripping her wrists. She broke free forcefully and that too viciously.

The next thing I heard was the sound of a resounding slap. She slapped him really hard in the fave leaving him speechless and confused. What was even going on?

"You are an asshole, Kyle. If I say stay away from me, I mean it. Don't ever put your hands on me again," Lisa warned, pointing a finger at him. She was really furious and she looked like she'd explode any minute.

Lisa flipped her hair in Kyle's face and banged the door to what I believed was her bedroom open. Lisa walked furiously into her bedroom and slammed the door closed in his face.

I just stood rooted to the spot, trying to put the pieces of the mysterious puzzle together. I only created another puzzle.

Kyle just stood there, staring at the door as if he was expecting it to bang open any time and receive another package of the Casella prowess. For real, Lisa was pretty intimidating and vivacious in nature. She took all the traits from her mother. She never tolerated any nonsense.

Kyra was pretty much different. She was soft and understanding. She kept her words to herself and forced a fake smile. The other side lashed out when she was angry. I could tell it was a family thing.

I decided to move forward. Kyle didn't look at me. I had never seen him so serious and emotional before.

"Should I pretend I never saw that and just continue like nothing ever happened?" I asked him, trying to sound chilled. I'd definitely give him a throwback of this moment and laugh my lungs out.

"Jay, I need your help," Kyle said, holding my hand desperately, "I need to talk to her and only you can help me," he added.

"How exactly when I barely know what's going on?"