Elias 6.4

The girl looked at him with twinkling eyes and Elias really could bring himself to care. He had pending matters that needed his attention so he slapped off her hand and coldly looked at her. For some reason, she was immune to his aloofness and did not avoid them when most of the nobles would pale and scramble away.

Elias scowled.

"My name is way too precious and I don't want someone as dumb as you to say it. You would be dirtying it. Also, don't ever touch me again."

Meli whistled at the harshness and grinned happily when Elias turned his back towards the girl and left. Meli quickly followed the prince and glanced at the girl. She looked stupefied and soon after, tears formed on the corners of her eyes.

Serves her right.

Meli did not feel pity for the girl. She was really stupid after all.

"Are we going to catch them?"

Elias nodded.

"Just getting rid of them since I already saw them."

"Roger that."

They quickly made their way to the alley and just when they had stepped in, the men they were after were being beaten up by other people.

"Hey, it is dangerous here."

Elias turned to look at a man that was so buff and so tall. The hood had slipped off because Elias had to tilt up his head because of how tall the man was.

"Go back to where you cam— yo-your highness?"

The man froze and paled as he took a double take at the prince in front of him. Elias blinked in surprise and Meli was quick to be in his guard and pushed the prince behind him.

"Jake, what's wrong?"

Someone asked and where about to place a hand on Jake's shoulder. No one expected Jake to suddenly kneel down in front of Elias who could only stare.

"Blessings and glory to the future sun of the Obelian Empire!"

There was a moment of silence before all of them kneeled down in front of Elias and Meli was completely dumbfounded.

"BLESSINGS AND GLORY TO THE FUTURE SUN OF THE OBELIAN EMPIRE!"

The prince and his friend stole a glance at each other to try and communicate through their eyes but they were clueless as to what to do. Neither of them expected for someone to realize that Elias was the prince.

Well, guessing that Elias should make them stop kneeling to later escape this awkward situation, the crown prince raised a hand and opened his mouth to give an order.

"What are you doing here, my prince?"

A terrifying and ground breaking chill ran down Elias's nape. He knew that voice a little too well now and he feared looking at the person behind him. Meli, in contrast, snapped his head to look behind and scowled at Felix Robane who only held apathy in his eyes.

"My prince..."

Felix called again. Elias slowly turned to look at the royal guard.

"... shit."

***

Elias was currently pouting his lips out.

"Elias de Alger Obelia."

The prince flinched and stole a quick glance at Claude.

"HIC!"

A hiccup was forced out of his lips by the sight of how cold Claude's eyes seemed to shine. Claude had never called him by his full name before. Was it his imagination that there was a dragon behind the emperor?

Felix was also looking at him with disapproving eyes and Elias could not help but feel a sting on his heart even though they were not engaged anymore.

Claude let out a deep sigh he had been holding in. He was really taken off guard and really did not expect Elias to go out of palace grounds. The crown prince never had much interest in the outside world. It really caught him by surprise when he arrived at their room and only to find it empty. No one seemed to know of the prince's whereabout and Claude had ordered royal knights to search for the prince.

How Felix knew that Elias outside of the palace was something Claude would not know.

"Why did you go out?"

Elias wondered how to get out of this situation. He could not let Meli get in trouble because he obviously knew that Claude and Felix were waiting for the moment to restrict Meli from seeing the crown prince. The reason being that he was a bad influence.

Okay, Elias had a plan.

"To get a look?"

Claude and Felix paused for a second and raised a brow.

"Get a look at what?"

Got you!

"At your lovely heart, dad."

It did not seem to work because Claude's sharp glare beamed on the prince again who could whine in defeat.

"Are you saying that my heart gets you in danger, Elias?"

That was not the outcome the prince was expecting. These days, his pickup lines had no effect at all. It was like they all became immune to them.

"You could have gotten hurt."

"But... I didn't."

The prince miserably tried to save himself.

"The possibility is still there and you are aware that I don't want you near to the possibility of danger."

"..."

"So why did you go outside and involve yourself with danger?"

Elias pouted out his lips.

"I wanted to get a present for you and Athanasia. It will soon be your birthday and I know that you will be announcing Athanasia's engagement that day, so I wanted to get a present."

"And you couldn't have the merchants come to you instead?"

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise anymore."

Claude sighed again and noticed the prince's shift his weight to the other leg. It seemed like Elias was on his limit now.

"I still have work so I will see you at night. Felix, escort Elias so he can rest."

"I've received your orders."