Chapter 1

A boy was running through the meadow, the sun in his eyes and the wind through his hair, joyful and childish laughter leaving his lips. "Sister, you can't catch me!" he called cheekily, a boyish smile spreading all over his adolescent face, peals of laughter releasing from him as his sister eventually caught up with him and tackled him to the ground, tickling him with all her might, the young lad wriggling and writhing with laughter. "Ahahahaha, sister no more, sister no more, it ticklesss!" he screamed, crystal tears of laughter streaming down his cheeks…

Jeremy woke up, startled. He had been having vivid dreams recently and he wondered what was going on with him. He didn't bother to try and to ask Bonnie what was happening to him - she already had enough on her plate trying to help with the impending doom meant for his sister. Klaus..

For some reason that name was so familiar but he couldn't put his finger on it. He was plagued with these dreams for a good few months now and he didn't know what to do about it. What made it worse was that he actually felt like he was participating in those dreams, like he was the young boy in the dreams that he kept on having.. It was all just so confusing.

He had enough to deal with and he couldn't be allowing silly little dreams to be getting in the way. He got out of bed with a groan as he made his way to get himself ready for the day. He had been getting better little by little but it still stung-but it was bearable. He didn't want to be losing anyone else. He already lost Vicki, Anna.. Those names cut through his heart like daggers and he felt himself choke with grief, the sadness washing over him like a tidal wave.

He felt tears surge forward and this time he let them come forth, letting his sadness flow out through his body, his young frame wracking with harsh sobs as he desperately tried to keep himself in check. He bit onto his hand as he tried to keep his cries and sobs muffled the best that he could. He couldn't do this anymore. He tried his hardest to keep up with everything, to stay out of the way and to do as told, but sometimes it all got too much for his young self to handle.

He was only 16 years old and he had experienced more sorrow than anyone his age should ever have to go through. But he had a sick feeling to his stomach that it would only get worse from there on and the mere thought made him sick. He had to calm down. He rushed into the bathroom and leaned against the bathroom sink and looked into the mirror, observing his appearance. Puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks was not a good look for so early on in the morning.

He had a habit lately of arising early in the mornings. He mainly did this so that he could be able to avoid Elena and Jenna. For some reason he didn't want to be around them, he just wanted to be alone. He was alone most of the time anyway so it wasn't like that was a problem. Jenna was busy with her new boyfriend, the new history teacher, Alaric Saltzman and Elena was busy with the rest of the Mystic Falls gang. He felt lonely. He felt lonely even Bonnie had started to take a liking towards him that transcended friendship but he couldn't feel as if it was forced.

He felt that he would always be known as Elena's little brother, nothing more and nothing less. He sighed softly as he got himself ready and presentable for that day. As he made his way into the high school, he spotted Tyler Lockwood. The boy had gotten extremely attractive in his eyes and he hated how handsome he looked, knowing that someone like Tyler would never look at him as nothing more like a loner emo teenager who couldn't get over his grief.

He sighed deeply for the umpteenth time that morning and made his way to his first class of that day. He couldn't even guarantee that he would be listening to anything that would be said in his classes that day.

"Henrik, Henrik, come on, Elijah and Klaus are sword fighting, let's see who wins!" the girl said to her brother who grinned and rushed out to see where their two elder brothers were fighting in the middle of the village, the sound of swords clanging and clashing together, smiles gracing their handsome faces, laugher rumbling from their chests. His sister grabbed his arm in excitement as he jumped up and down on the spot, cheering both of his brothers on, not particularly caring that they were against each other. They were happy and that's all what mattered…

He gasped, a choked noise rising up in his throat. That was the second time that day he had one of those strange dreams. He felt dizzy. He couldn't even breath. He was brought out of his state by the indignant tone of the teacher.

"Are we boring you, Mr Gilbert?" he asked with a raised eyebrow, his arms crossed over his chest. Jeremy inhaled sharply and shook his head rapidly. "Nono, I just don't feel very well.." he muttered softly to himself as he gathered his things and rushed out of the classroom, sniggers from his fellow classmates and a nasty comment from the teacher following him out.

He had to get out of the school. He couldn't even function properly with these dreams running around his photographic mind. The strange thing was that they felt like memories. He kept his eyes against the ground and walked, not even caring that he was heading towards the Old Witch House.

He was on the edge of the location, he could see the ruined building some way off in front of him. He bit his lip softly. Should he enter. If he entered, would he be attacked by angry witch spirits? He shook his head to rid himself of the thoughts and continued his way until he came towards the very door of the dilapidated building. He pushed open through the door and stepped inside. It was silent.

No creepy witchy voices met him. The smell of mould and mildew assaulted his nose and he wrinkled up his nose in displeasure as he walked further into the house. He decided to explore it for himself.

He hadn't a chance to explore anything or find anything out on his own that wasn't related to what others wanted of him so it was nice to have at least something to himself, even if it was for a little while. He gripped his bag tighter around himself, worried as if someone might jump out at any moment to take him out by surprise and attack him.

He didn't have the talents like the Salvatore brothers or Caroline to tell him if someone was here. He only had his human instincts to guide him through. He couldn't understand how this building was still standing. It must have something to do with the deceased spirits of the witches who were resting on this ground. He spotted some stairs leading to some sort of basement. Being the curious young person that he was, he went down the stairs. They creaked horribly underneath his weight and he cringed.

He took a deep breath of relief as he went into the room that the stairs led to. He looked around. The atmosphere was tense even though he was the only one in the room. Cobwebs hung from the mouldy ceiling and dead bugs littered the windowsill. The smell was worse now he was further down. But he tried not to let it bother him - the smell of the janitors closet and the boys bathroom couldn't even come close.

This house obviously was centuries old and he couldn't imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago. 'Probably a large manor for the filthy rich' he thought as he continued on his way exploring. It was actually a nice experience - quiet if not rather creepy at times. It was nice to have a moment to himself without anyone telling him what to do and not to do. He was sick of being ordered around.

He looked at his watch - it was getting late and he didn't want Jenna to be worried about him. Or Elena.. The mere thought of her being worried about him made him eye roll aggressively. He knew deep down that she didn't care about his safety or well-being, she only cared that she was proven right time and time again that it wasn't safe for him to stay in Mystic Falls and that he needed to move away - his personal thoughts and feelings obviously out of the equation.

She never considered what he wanted - only what she wanted for him and that made him so angry. But he couldn't do much about it as she had two doting vampire brothers on her side. He arrived at home and Elena was there, waiting for him with her arms crossed around her chest.

"Where were you?" she asked. Jeremy groaned and rolled his eyes, making his way upstairs. "Oh yeah, like you actually give a damn," he said with sarcasm dripping from his voice as he went into his room and slammed the door, not particularly feeling sociable that day.

He just wanted it all to stop.