Forty two

"I kissed Hahn," Callie dropped down beside Erin in the cafeteria.

"Did you like it?" Erin said.

"Yes. I did. That's my issue. She's avoiding me and I'm avoiding her," Callie said.

"Well, that's not good," Erin said.

"It's not. I need a distraction and I've got a paralysed patient," Callie muttered.

"Oh, is that the one that GI Joe suggested therapeutic hypothermia?" Erin said.

"And the one Derek shot down," Callie said. Erin winced.

"Sounds pretty bad," she said.

"It is. What are you doing tonight, then?" Callie asked.

"I got off twenty minutes ago. I'm waiting for Jesse to pick me up because Meredith doesn't want me driving home after that limo crash," Erin said.

"How long is he gonna be?" Callie asked. Erin shrugged.

"He was across town. Should be any minute. But don't give up on your patient, alright? Look into that therapy thing," Erin said.

"Here's prince charming," Callie smiled. Erin looked up, seeing Jesse walking towards them with a large coat in his arms and a thermos.

"I brought hot coffee for your friends, figured you could all use a pick-me-up in this weather," he said.

"I love your boyfriend," Callie kissed Erin's cheek and took the thermos, nodding her thanks at Jesse.

"Not my boyfriend," Erin rolled her eyes at Callie. She laughed.

"Yet," she teased.

"Thank you, Jesse," Erin said. He grinned and held out the coat. She slid her arms into it and let him bundle her up, wrapping her into it.

"Anything for my princess," he teased. Callie cackled.

"He heard me call him prince charming," she said.

"Callie, go to work and unparalyse your man," Erin said.

"I will. Thanks for the coffee, Jesse," Callie said again. He smiled and Callie left the cafeteria.

"Reversing paralysis?" Jesse said.

"Maybe. There's an experimental procedure. We'll have to convince a lot of people to even get it to be considered," Erin said. He slipped his hand into hers and led her towards the exit of the hospital.

"Sounds exhausting," he said. She nodded, frowning when she saw Meredith and Cristina arguing outside. Cristina turned to storm towards them and she slipped, landing on her back.

"Cristina," Erin said, running outside and offering her a hand. Cristina moved to take it but an icicle broke off from above them, embedding itself into Cristina's left side. "Oh, shit!" Erin gasped.

"I'll get help," Meredith said, running inside.

"Jesse, get her up but do not move the icicle or it'll make more damage," Erin said. Jesse nodded and the two of them lifted Cristina up so he was carrying her bridal style. Cristina moaned lowly. "You're fine, you're fine, you're fine," Erin said gently.

"I have an icicle in my side, I don't think I'm fine!" Cristina cried.

"You're fine," Erin said, pushing Jesse into the hospital. "We're gonna help you," she said.

"You can go home if you want," Erin sighed, leaning against Jesse at the nurses desk.

"I'm invested now, Erin," Jesse chuckled. "I'm debating a career change," he said.