Chapter 16

Jennifer POV

There was a slight pause before they turned to look at each other, then they laughed awkwardly. My dad's eyes turned back onto the road and then he spoke, "you know that your wolf hasn't come back in like 6 years, honey you were probably just imagining it, your wolf is gone." Then my mom spoke, "sorry honey, I don't think wolves can come back...." she trailed off.

Well, there's no point in hell that they would believe me if I told them that I went out into the woods. They would probably lecture me about going out there with no wolf, or even something as simple as 'it was just a dream'.

I groan in frustration, then leaned down into the seat cushions, with the seat belt squishing my cheeks. Once we got home, I ran out of the car. "Careful or you'll fall on your head!" dad yelled. I rolled my eyes and rang the door bell. Just on purpose ya know, I'm bored. "Hurry up and bring the keys!" I yell back at my parents. Surprisingly, the door opened to reveal- "Grandpa!" I screamed then I pounced on him. He chuckled and hugged me, stroking my hair. My grandma peeked out behind grandpa. "And grandma!" I pry myself off of my grandpa and hugged grandma. She pat my back and rubbed it.

"So we heard about the girl who has many injuries this past month, she happens to be a relative," My grandpa exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and headed up to my room.

Niall's POV
Rubbing the bridge of my nose, I leaned up against the car. I sucked in a breath and headed inside the pack house. "Hey sweetheart, back home so soon?" Mum asked. "Yeah, don't feel so good." Okay, now everyone knows I lie so, expect the unexpected. I head up to my room, slamming the door shut.

I jump on my bed, crossing an arm over my eyes. I groan loudly- but was cut off with a knock. "Come in," I call back. Celeste's head poked through the door. "Hey, ain't I glad your mom still remembers me." She tilts her head. "You okay?" She asks. I just nod and she walks over to my bed, just after she closes my door and locks it. "If your okay with it... wanna have fun?"

Jennifer's POV
Listening to the camp's music songs, I hum to it. "Dinner's ready!" mom yells from downstairs. A chorus of 'okays' call back. Me and Jim rush down the stairs. Jim ran infront of me, rushing to get the seat next to my grandpa. The doorbell rang. "I got it!" I yelled. I walk to the door, opening it. Xavier stood there. "Hope you're feeling better," he states. "Yes I am, come in." I invited him in as he holds out a flower to me. "For you," he mumbles. I thank him, leading him to the dining room.

"Yeah right there- oh hey Xavier, nice of you to join us," dad cuts off. "Good evening guys," he smiles. "Well, well, well, who is this sugar pie," grandpa teases. "I'm Xavier, Jennifer's boyfriend," Xavier holds out his hand and grandpa shakes it. "Nice to meet you boy,"grandpa teases, again.

After the big dinner, we had some family time, besides Xavier. But since he is my boyfriend, they agreed on having him stay. The doorbell rang and I got up to get it. Walking to the front door, I open it. Weird, I thought I heard the doorbell ring... "Why are you opening the door Jen?" Liam walks up to me with a glass of water in his hands. "Didn't you hear the doorbell ring?" He shakes his head. I close the door and head back to the living room.

After the family 'party', Xavier left, giving me a peck on the lips. I plop down on my bed, closing my eyes.

I was walking in a field of wild flowers. Almost exactly like the flower Xavier gave me, but somehow it looked more beautiful. Looking around, I saw a beautiful woman, she looked fit for a queen. "My child." Her voice echoed through the field. I felt the nerve to bow down to this woman. "You have many obstacles in your way that you must learn to face," she continued. The first thought that came to mind was- The Moon Goddess. "What kind?" I spoke in a hushed tone. She laughed softly. "That I cannot tell you, for you must find out on your own." She smiles slightly. Lowering my head, I look up again. "How must I learn to face these obstacles?" Her smile widen. "You just have to know how to control your fear when it hits you, it might not look pretty, but I believe you have what it takes. Just know everyone is on your side, whether you know it or not....." Her voice trailed off. The landscape, fading into a white canvas.
***********
A/N Happy late Valentines Day! Yeah kinda forgot to publish a chapter on valentines day. Short chapter alert! It was a bit boring ik but next chapter would be a mystery. Muhahaha. (Clears throat) Anyways hope you likes it, I'm thinking of publishing every weekend. So don't miss out! Love ya!!!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for more!

-Qutedimond