fifty two; bad boy for life

Delilah stood, her eyes scanning the people in front of her, taking in the limited emotions on their faces

Delilah stood, her eyes scanning the people in front of her, taking in the limited emotions on their faces. She knew they could see her, she wasn't exactly hard to miss in the white field. She knew they'd probably be thinking some horrible thoughts about her, but she wasn't sure if she cared.

Part of her believed she had chosen the right side. It wasn't about who had wronged her the most, or who deserved punishment more than the other. It was about rule breaking, and a child's life.

Meanwhile the other part of her felt so empty. She was stood side by side with all these people, but she had never felt so alone. When she lost her memory, when she first turned, and even when she felt as though she had no friends, she never felt this alone. It was possible she still felt love from someone at these times, that no matter what she did then, Rosalie's love was unconditional. But she couldn't feel that love from her anymore.

She couldn't feel love from anyone.

Maybe coming here was a mistake. Maybe she should have just stayed at home and waited for Jane to text her updates. Maybe then she wouldn't feel so broken.

It was such a weird feeling. Feeling so void and numb in a situation that should have been pumping her full of adrenaline and nerves. In fact, she wasn't even sure she cared what the outcome was.

"Let us discuss things as we used to, Aro, in a civilised matter." Delilah moved her eyes to Aro, keeping them trained on the man she used to admire slightly. She wasn't sure if she did anymore.

"Fair words, but a little out of place considering the battalion you've assembled against us." It was all so dramatised, Delilah thought she would have been living for this. However, she just wanted to go home.

"I can promise you that was not our intent. No laws have been broken."

Delilah felt a pang of guilt in her chest as she heard the words of Carlisle, yet she wasn't sure why.

"We see the child, do not treat us as fools." Cauis stood in Delilah's eyeline, she too viewed him as a father. The man treated her better than most. But here he was, preaching evil.

"She is not an immortal. These witnesses can attest to that." Delilah couldn't move her gaze to the child, "You can look. See the flush of the human blood in her cheeks."

"Artifice!" Delilah knew it wasn't.

"I will collect every facet of the truth, but from someone more central to the story," A creepy smile spread across Aro's face, "Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved."