Chapter 21 ~ Party

Red taillights illuminate my knee-high work boots as I get closer to Blazes' car

Red taillights illuminate my knee-high work boots as I get closer to Blazes' car. I'm still not sure about going to this stupid party, especially after what happened with Hannah, I know she'll be there and so will everyone else who watched it happen. I can already feel the embarrassment creeping in.

I don't regret what I said, it was true and she more than deserved it but I just wish people weren't watching. I'll be known as the girl who went cookoo at a football game.

I open the door to the soft hum of the radio, a gush of warmer air hits my skin and Blaze's minty smell hits my nose. I shuffle into the soft leather sports seat, flattening my skirt so it doesn't rise any higher.

"Hey- why do you look like you're going to work?" Blaze asks wearing a pair of ripped black jeans, a tight black T-shirt and a pair of black converse. His freshly washed hair is combed back slightly but a few strands fall onto his forehead as he rakes his hand through it. He's replaced the rings on his fingers since you can't wear then for football and I can see his leather jacket slung on the backseat. It's so simple but so makes me flutter, I draw my eye to the road ahead to stop myself admiring how well it suits him.

"I uh... have really strict parents, I had to lie. My dress is in my bag." I hold the duffle up and he nods, "I... kinda... well..." He laughs and turns his head away.

"I'm not looking Blondie." He chuckles as my face heats.

"Thanks." I pull the dress out of my bag, keeping my eyes on Blaze, making sure he doesn't turn on the sly. It's already dark outside and so is the car, no passers-by would be able to see in, not that many people are out in this neighbourhood at this time.

I'd ended up picking a cow print bodycon dress I bought years ago but never wore, it's completely strapless and hugs my body. I've never really worn flamboyant clothes since I've never been anywhere that required me to dress in such a manner. The dress stops mid-thigh and makes my boobs look bigger than they actually are.

I wriggle out of my uniform, still watching Blaze who's facing the other way, I struggle getting the dress on in the small space but once It's secured I throw my clothes into the duffle and slip on a pair of white converse, I've been trying to build my strength on pointes again so my feet are a little sore. Then again I don't own any 'nice' heels anyway... much more a trainer girl which doesn't work in my favour height-wise.

"Alright I'm done, you can... uh turn around now," I mumble straightening the dress across my thighs, making sure I could cover a bruise I spotted under the material. Most of them had faded now and I'd used concealer to cover any scars but better safe than sorry.

I turn to find Blazes' piercing eyes scanning the length of my body, not subtly.

"Wow...you look sexy." He nibbles on his lip finally moving his eyes up to meet mine, a small devilish grin running onto his jaw.