Neighbors

Lance sighed as he entered his apartment room, throwing his jacket across the room. Blue, a grey cat with blue eyes, jolted from surprise. Lance had just been on a blind date with some girl and she was annoying. She held onto his bicep and giggled and flirted with him non-stop. He knew he was never gonna go with her on a date again when she winked at a nearby boy. She gave him her number, saying she had fun and would like to go out with him next time. The minute she turned her back, Lance ripped the slip of paper. Worst Day Ever.He loosened his tie. He hoped a certain someone was on their balcony. He glanced out the glass slide doors and smiled when he saw a figure.

Keith Kogane, the hot gay neighbor who he had the biggest crush on,with his black cat, Red. The only reason he went on blind dates was to lose the feelings he had for him a year now, thinking Keiht would never like him back.

He looking at the sunset with a white shirt and red shorts. Red was perched on his shoulders, watching the sunset with him. He had a sad smile on his face. Lance quietly opened the slide doors and looked at Keith. "Hey." Lance's heart jumped when he saw Keith's beautiful and unusual eyes. Keith smiled at him and faced him at the rail. Red jumped off his shoulder and Blue jumped to Keith's balcony to play with him. "How was your date?" Keith said with a smirk on his face. Lance decided to play with him a bit. He put a hand on his cheek and sighed dreamily,"Honestly, I think she's the-" Keith's eyes widened, hope in his eyes shattering. He frowned slightly."-worst date I have ever been on." Keith breathed a breath of relief. "I thought Lotor was the worst date ever." Lance visibly flinched,"Yeah, never mind he's the worst." Lotor was the cockiest and rudest snob around. Lance sighed,"There's one person I do want to ask out, but I'm scared he'll kill me." Keith's eyes saddened and spoke barely in a whisper,"Why would he reject you?" Lance scoffed,"Happened all the time in High School." Keith looked at him with a blush,"I don't see why."

Lance smiled at him and blushed,"You're right. I should do it...just how? What do you think?" Keith bit his lip, and the sadness in his eyes returned. "Just ask him out, be yourself. Don't do something so over the top, just a small gift or something, I don't really know." Keith said, leaning on the rail and putting a hand on his cheek. He pouted slightly. Lance smirked and grabbed a rose, Keith's favorite flower from a nearby pot. He twirled it in between his fingers and handed it out to Keith, as if he were asking him. "Like this?" Keith bit his lip harder, to where there was almost blood. His heart was hurting as Lance held out the flower with a gleam in his eyes. "Yeah. Then just ask him, I'm sure he'll be very happy." Keith said firmly, as if he didn't care. Lance looked at the rose then back into Keith's eyes. "Okay then, Keith will you go out with me?"

"Oh I don't know maybe-What?" Keith stooped leaning on his hand.

Lance smiled at him warmly, the blush on his cheeks rising. "Will you go out with me?" Keith's eyes did something they never did before. They twinkled. He threw his head back and laughed lightly, covering his eyes with his hand"Holy Shit-I'm the guy." Lance laughed along with him and Keith took the rose and inspected with with a dazed smile. He looked up and smirked. He reached his hand up and brushed Lance's hair behind his ear, placing the rose there. Lance blushed immensely. Keith smiled and drew his hand back as he started to go back in his apartment,"Saturday at 7, my place." He looked back at Lance, his eyes gleaming. He waved at him slightly,"Don't be late for our first date, Lance." Blue jumped back on Lance porch and Lance went to bed with a smile on his face and holding a red rose. Lance was wrong, it wasn't the worst day ever...

It was the best.