Chapter 3

The next day, Jeremy woke up in his own bedroom. He must have passed out again so the others must have brought him home. His mind was foggy and he felt so strange. His whole body was on edge. He couldn't breathe for a few moments but then his breathing returned to normal. He couldn't understand what was happening to him.

He needed answers. He remembered coming down the stairs at the Salvatore house and asked for Niklaus before he saw black once more. He felt tingly all over as he got himself out of bed and made his way downstairs. He was met by Jenna.

"You are staying home today," his aunt said. "Elena told me that you passed out a couple of times before and she isn't going to be letting you out." Jeremy rolled his eyes. Of course she had. She was always forever meddling. He didn't need help. He was about to talk when a knock at the door.

Jeremy went towards the door."I'll get it," he called and he opened it and was met with Bonnie looking at him with a soft and sympathetic smile. "Can we talk?" Jeremy just nodded his head. "We can talk in my room," he said and led the way. "Keep that door open!" Jenna called and Jeremy chuckled softly despite himself.

He offered Bonnie a seat on his bed before he sat down next to her. "What did you want to talk to me about?" he wanted to know. Bonnie took a deep breath before speaking. She knew that she had promised Elena not to tell him anything but she desperately needed to. She couldn't understand what Jeremy must be feeling right now and she needed to give him some comfort.

"I know about your dreams," she blurted out suddenly and Jeremy blinked rapidly and gasped. "How do you know about that? I never told anyone" he said in a breathless tone of voice. How did she know? Could it be another of her witch senses?

"You are a reincarnation. Specifically, you are a reincarnation of Klaus's brother, that's why you were calling out to him yesterday and asking where he was. The dreams are your memories and yesterday you must have re - lived your death, that's why you kept on passing out" she explained, trying to keep her tone even and calm. Jeremy took a few shuddering breaths.

"I'm just glad that there is an explanation for my dreams. I honestly felt like I was going crazy" he said softly. Bonnie asked after a few moments, "What were the dreams before like?" she wanted to know. If she could find out any more information about what Klaus was like, she could use it against him. She felt bad for using him but she was desperate.

Jeremy sighed softly. He hadn't told anyone else about his dreams and he didn't really know what to say. "Promise me that you won't tell Elena?" he asked in a soft tone of voice. He knew that she was friends with her and they shared everything together but he needed to trust her. He trusted her more than Caroline at the moment. Bonnie nodded her head, her heart beating wildly in her chest. "I promise," she repeated calmly.

She couldn't believe that she would be getting more information about Klaus! Jeremy took a deep breath before speaking. "I remember that we were happy. All 6 of us. I remember playing in the meadow and fields with them, swimming in the river, dancing around the great tree in the middle of the village.." his voice trailed off softly.

"Obviously before my death, then everything changed and that's when everything cut off." he explained. "I remember running through the woods with Klaus chasing me, telling me that it was too dangerous because of the wolves, and that father would punish us brutally. Klaus more than me. Klaus and father were never close.."

"In fact, father hated him and we simply didn't know why.. " his voice trailed off and tears came into his eyes."I suppose he blames himself because of what happened.." he whispered softly. "That's why I need to find him, to say sorry because it was all my fault… I should have listened" he whispered, his voice barely audible and he grabbed a pillow and squeezed it against her chest.

Bonnie was in shock. He calmed her breathing and she asked again, "You said that there were 6 of you... What were their names?" she said somewhat desperately. She needed as much information as possible so that she would have something to work with against Klaus.

"Finn. He was the eldest of us. I wasn't close with him but he was my brother and I loved him. Elijah was next. I loved him so much. He made everything okay again, especially when father used to beat us. He was the closest with Klaus. Then Klaus. I was the closest with him. We adored each other. I remember him carving a wolf out of wood for me when I was scared," his voice hitched."And how painfully ironic that was."

"Then it was Kol. Kol was such a mischievous thing, always getting into trouble around the village, getting out of his chores and pulling pranks. I loved playing our games together, it was fun. And Rebekah. She was the only girl out of us boys but I loved her so much. She always used to take care of me when mother often ignored me.."

he finished off and looked down at the floor. Bonnie listened to all of the information. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. "So you aren't gonna tell her, right?" he asked in a soft tone of voice, looking up at her. Bonnie shook her head. "No, I won't"

They sat in silence for a few moments before Bonnie spoke up. "I better get back, the others will be wondering where I am," she explained sheepishly. Thankfully Jeremy understood. "I know, it's okay" he said and stood up, giving her a hug.

"Thanks for listening to me. I don't think that I would have ever been able to tell Elena, she wouldn't have understood" he said softly, nibbling on his bottom lip softly. Bonnie nodded her head. "It's OK, I promise that everything is going to be fine," she reassured him with a squeeze of his shoulder before she bid him goodbye.

When she was outside the house she stopped the recording from her phone. She felt incredibly guilty but it had to be done. Klaus needed to be killed once and for all. She wouldn't let him hurt any of her friends, whether he was Jeremy's brother in his past life or not. He was dangerous and he had to be stopped.