Chapter 6

Klaus was speechless but not necessarily surprised. It must have been incredibly difficult for him and he had no idea how he must have been feeling with nobody to turn to. He rubbed his temples and sighed softly. "Which friend did you tell?" he wanted to know. "My friend Bonnie. She was understanding and we've become closer recently, although I feel like it's a whole joke as I'm certain that she's spoken to my sister about everything that I've told her, hence why she's been so protective over me. She's never cared before. She's been too caught up with other things"

Jeremy explained in a rush. He wasn't able to talk about his feelings much without someone undermining him or completely disregarding his feelings. Klaus took in a deep breath as he took in the new information. He was friends with the Bennett witch who most likely was friends with the doppelganger.

Klaus felt angry. How the doppelganger and her little friends treat him like that! But there was a glaring issue. The doppelganger just happened to be his sister. This just complicated things further and he growled lowly in the back of his throat, making sure that Jeremy wouldn't be able to hear it. He sighed deeply before saying,

"i'm so sorry to hear that, you deserve better friends. They don't deserve you if they treat you like that," he said honestly. Jeremy smiled softly and got himself into a comfortable position on his bed. "I guess, but I can't really do anything about it at the moment," he said with a soft chuckle, shaking his head.

Klaus smiled even though Jeremy wouldn't be able to see it. "Don't worry. Everything is going to be OK. Get some rest now, I'll talk to you soon" he promised. He would always look out for him, even if it would be at a distance. He needed to have someone there for him. "Alright then.." the teenager agreed in a soft tone of voice. "See you later," he said. "See you soon," the elder replied with a smile in his voice. Jeremy went to bed happy that night.

It was the day of the Masquerade ball. Jeremy was adjusting his suit and mask when Elena came up towards him. "Have you got your ring?" she asked and he nodded. She still felt wary of him going out, especially as since Klaus was out there but she knew that Stefan along with the others would be keeping an eye on him. Even though she was at the previous event, she hadn't been there when Jeremy collapsed and she felt horrible but there was nothing that she could do. She just wished that he wasn't the reincarnation of Klaus's brother because that made everything so complicated.

She didn't want this for him. She wanted him to have a normal life. She was almost going to make Damon compel Jeremy to make him forget but she knew that wouldn't work. All she had to do was to live with it - even though she didn't like it. She was pulled out from her thoughts by her brother's voice. "Hey, are you okay?" Jeremy asked, squeezing her shoulder gently.

She had zoned out for a few moments and he wondered if she was alright. Elena looked up and blinked rapidly. "Uh? Yeah I'm OK, I'm just worried about you" she said in a soft tone of voice. Jeremy's eyebrows furrowed. "I'm OK, don't worry about me, nothing is going to happen to me" he reassured her.

She didn't look particularly convinced but she nodded her head and ran her fingers absentmindedly through her hair. "OK then. If anything happens, call me" she knew about the plan for Katherine but Jeremy didn't. The thought made her uncomfortable but she couldn't risk her brother being more involved than he unknowingly was. She already knew that Katherine had planted the attack on Jenna and she couldn't have Jeremy finding out so she didn't say anything. He would be safer this way. "I'll call you if anything goes wrong" he promised to her and they shared a hug before he had to leave.

The Lockwood estate was lit up for the party. The lights and decorations were lit to perfection and he could definitely say that the Lockwood family knew how to impress and to flaunt their wealth, judging by the displays that the stunt men and women put on. He found himself enjoying the acts for a few moments when he spotted Stefan along with another girl. He caught a glimpse of her and his breath caught in his throat. That wasn't his sister. That was Katherine. He had left his sister at home with their aunt. Did Stefan know? He hoped so because he didn't want to be having any trouble, although trouble always followed them.