Sweet Saving

TW: More heavy topics! If you are struggling, please reach out to professionals!

-

He felt nothing. The cold water had pierced every inch of his skin and numbed him entirely. The world was black and his ears rang. He could feel his lungs were soaked, but he still felt aware. Why was he aware? Why could he think? 

Everything was dark for a while. He could tell he was out of the water finally, the cold air brushing slightly against his hair. He felt the sandy mud squish on his back and deep pressure on his stomach. Everything he felt was light, he could barely tell it was there. His senses were completely shocked as he felt his stomach pound. The water that filled his lungs splashed and stirred, and finally forced its way past his lips. Air quickly replaced it and he felt his body contract as he was shocked back to his body.

He coughed hard, pushing the last bits of water from his airways. He sat up, still hardly able to feel anything, but he was conscious. He kept his eyes pressed together, still slightly stinging from the murky water, and slowly pushed himself off the ground and sat up. He could feel the mud squelch under his weight and things started clicking into place.

Opening his eyes slowly, he saw a shadow of a man leaning over him from the side. He wore a black hoodie with stuffed horns that was completely soaked, with black skinny jeans, also dripping wet. Karl wiped the water that dripped from his hair off his forehead as his eyesight returned and he looked at the man he stood over him, panting.

"Bad?" It was his friend Darryl. His screen name, Badboyhalo, was completely unfitting to his sweet and innocent personality. When he heard his nickname, he let out a relieved sigh and tackled Karl in the mud again.

"Oh my god, Karl!" He shouted holding his shoulders and breathing heavily. Karl held tightly onto his shoulders and continued to cough lightly, still not fully understanding the situation. 

"Oh Karl, I thought I lost you," He said into the crook of his damp neck. 

"You're here with me right, you're here?" He pulled back and his brown eyes glittered with worry. Karl just coughed again in response and nodded lightly sitting up again. He felt the mud cake his back and squelch in the folds on his clothes. Bad sighed again and relaxed into the mud next to Karl.

"Oh my- I can't believe I got here in time, what were you doing you muffinhead!" The air chilled both of them in their soaking clothes and Karl dropped his head in his hands, still regaining is the feeling in his fingers.

"Why-why are you here?" He asked softly, his voice shaking. Bad reached over and held Karls shoulders in his arms, and he collapsed quickly. He held Karl tightly, his fingers digging into the side of his arms.

"Karl, of course I'm here. I'm always here for you, please, come back home with me," Bad begged him, tears welling in both their eyes. Karl was weak from the ordeal but pulled up his knees to stand. Bad supported him as he stood shakily, both of them dripping, completely soaked. 

Bad walked Karl over to his truck and helped him into the front seat after laying out a blanket to protect the seat. He cranked the heater for him, and Karl immediately collapsed into the seat and leaned back against the seat breathing heavily.

Bad retrieved the items that were left on the bench and put them in the back seat before climbing in. Before he started to drive, he looked at the exhausted boy, glad he was there in time. 

"Karl," He opened his eyes gently to look at Bad when he heard his name.

"Do you want to go home?" Bad asked gently. Karl shook his head lightly and water dripped from his thick hair. Bad hummed softly at the answer.