𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.

^revalation time bitches

The Marauder's Corner of the library was currently occupied by six Gryffindors, five of them very confused and the other one very determined. There was a steady stream of late afternoon sunlight flowing through the diamond shaped panes of glass collectively placed into a window frame, creating a buttery pattern on the mahogany table. A steady rustling of books rearranging themselves on the oak shelves could be heard, along with the occasion thud of a particularly heavy text being taken down from a high up shelf and Madam Pince yelling at some second year Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors in the distance for not logging their checkouts properly.

After the class commenced, Remus had shoved his essay in his brown leather bag and rushes Marlene, Sirius, Peter, Lily, and James to the library for some privacy as quickly as he could. 

"What is going on, Remus?" Lily asked as they all tried to catch their breath from the tall boy's fast pace to get there. 

Without a word, Remus pulled out his essay on the Imperius Curse and slid it to the middle of the table. James, Sirius, and Marlene all three opened their mouths to protest, but Remus held up a hand.

"Wait, just wait," Remus said hurriedly, cutting them off before they could say anything against the idea already forming in his head. "Hear me out before you try to argue with me."

All of their mouths shut, and Remus took in a long breath before talking in a slow, lone tone so that none of them would misunderstand him.

"Think about it you guys," Remus said, looking at the essay. "Out of nowhere, Hollis just starts acting like a whole new person. It may not be a new version of herself, but a whole different mindset that someone else here has."

Still, none of the Gryffindors agreed with Remus. But they hadn't sat down either, which Remus took as a sign that they were still just waiting to be persuaded. Sirius and James were both staring at the bookshelves behind Remus deep in thought, while Lily was running a hand through her vibrant red hair. Marlene and Peter both wished they had some food to try and process what Lupin was saying better. 

"And, also, it fits the time frame," Remus said with eagerness as he placed both palms flat on the table with his sleeves rolled up. "What else could have possibly happened in-"

"Ten minutes," James finished, tearing his eyes off the books and onto Remus.

"Eight fifty to nine pm on Valentine's Day," Sirius repeated. "But that just can't be it, come on, mate."

Right when Remus thought he had convinced the most cynical of the group, here they were again.

"Why not?" Remus asked, raking a hand through his thick auburn hair in exasperation. "Please tell me why not."

All heads turned to Sirius. So far, Lily, Marlene, and Peter were just thinking while half listening to what the others were arguing about, until now.

"Well, it is an Unforgivable Curse, Remus," Marlene pointed out with hesitancy. "Remember, you can go to Azkaban if you get caught using one of those."

Remus's eyes widened in exasperation and he turned his back on the rest of the group for a second, letting out a huff of breath as he stared at the bookshelves towering about him.

"And who would risk literally going to Azkaban to control Hollis?" Lily added on, and the other four nodded along with the ginger. "Not that we don't all love her, but that does seem a little bit of an extreme cost if they were caught. All of this is figurative, just to clarify that as well."

Running a hand along his brow, Remus turned back around to the five Gryffindors.

"Have you seen the amount of Death Eaters running around our school?" Remus asked dubiously. "How far do you think their morals really extended?"