(29) For Good -Forbbiden pt.3-

"I'm going to confront dad." You say with determination in your voice.

"But what if you just make him even madder, (yn)?"

You were sitting at the kitchen table at mom and Don's apartment with Nicky. Both of you were dressed in your school uniforms, all ready to leave after you finished your bagel. Mom and Don had already left and went to work, so it was just you and you little brother in the house. It was the perfect time to talk to him about museum situations.

"I mean he already banned me from the museum. What could he do that could possibly be worse?" You shrug.

"I guess you're right..." Nicky says, still not sounding entirely convinced.

After reuniting with Ahkmenrah last night, it only made you want to visit more. It made you determined to convince your dad to let you return. You missed three high school dances to visit the museum instead! It was like a second home to you. You still remembered the day you visited the museum for the first time.

As you walked up to the museum, you chuckled at you brother Nicky, who was running his gloved hand across the metal railing on the stairway, causing all the powdery white snow to gently tumble to the ground. You could hear the crunch of turquoise salt underneath your red converse.

"Are you sure that Dad's job is really that exiting?" You ask skeptically. "I mean, what's so great about sitting around an empty museum in the dark?"

Nicky turns around to face you. "Trust me, sis. This place is amazing." He says with a twinkle in his eyes.

You smile at your brother. You hadn't seen him this exited about one of dad's jobs in years. If it made Nick happy, then you were happy. You were just glad that he wasn't disappointed anymore. You were also proud of dad as well, considering the fact that this was the first job that he had kept for over three months without getting fired in almost four years.

"As happy as I am to finally visit, did we have to come on the day that Liz's party was?" You tease.

"Don't worry, (yn)" Nicky smirks as he opens the museum doors. "We're having a party of our own."

"Can it beat a party at the most popular girls...house..." you trail off. As the doors open, music pours out of the lit up museum. Not only the music, but the exhibits were all alive and partying to their hearts content. As you walk into the museum in pure amazement, you see your dad on the second floor, overlooking the party. His face lights up when he sees you two. "Nicky!! (Yn)!! You came!" He shouts, running down the stairs to greet you. He hugs both of you.

"Dad...this is AMAZING!!" You exclaim in shock. "I mean...HOW?! How did the exhibits come to life-"
A large T-Rex almost steps on you as it chases a remote control car. "How is it even possible?!" You yell.

Dad and Nicky chuckle.
"Let me introduce you to the pharaoh." Dad says

"Wait pharaoh?!" You cringe at the thought of seeing a shriveled up corpse. You get a chill. "Uh on second thought...I think I'm good. I don't really need to know about the magic or anything..." you nervously smile.

Dad looks at Nicky. "She has a fear of mummy's" he states with a smirk.

"Don't worry (yn). I promise that Ahk won't be your average mummy." Dad smiles.

You take a deep breath. "Alright."

He leads you up the steps and down the hall into a tomb-like room with large stone jackals guarding the entrance. "Ahk? I want to introduce you to someone!" Your dad calls out into the room.

A pharaoh steps into the light. He has warm tan skin, with deep, chocolate brown eyes. He's covering in golden cloth and garments, with a solid gold crown on his head.

"Ahk, this is my daughter, (yn)." Larry says.

He approaches you slowly. He kneels down in front of you, and takes your cold hand in his warm one. He gently kisses the top of it, marking your cheeks turn bright pink. "I am King Ahkmenrah. Forth king of the forth king. It is pleasure to meet you, (yn)." He says.

"Y-you too." You stutter.

Larry clears his throat and shoots the two of you a threatening glance. "Look, I don't mind if you two spend time together or whatever, but I don't want you guys to become a thing. Do I make myself clear?"

"Of course, Larry." Ahkmenrah states, not breaking eye contact with you.

"Yeah, I promise dad."

"Great, as long as we're all on the same page. Ahk can tell you all about the tablet, but I'd better get downstairs before Dexter tries to swing from the chandelier again." Your dad says, securing his flashlight on his belt.

You dad exits the room, leaving you and Ahk alone. "What is this tablet my dad mentioned?" You ask.

Ahkmenrah leads you over to the back wall. "This tablet was given to me by my father 4000 years ago..."

"(Yn)? Earth to (yn)!" Nick says in a robotic voice while waving a hand in front of your face.

You snap out of your daze. "Sorry Nicky, I guess I spaced out." You take the final bit of your bagel. "Let's get you to school."

:-:-:-:-:-:-:

You walk into the museum, about an half-hour before sundown. Dad usually gets there around the same time, because he likes to work on some reports for different night events. You open the red door without warning, and march into the office. Larry is seated at his desk, typing some things onto the computer. He frowns when he sees you. He stands up. "(Yn),
What did I tell you about the museum? You disobeyed me. You aren't allowed to be here and you know it."

"Dad, I understand how you feel, but you have to try and look at it from my perspective." I calmly begin. "I always thought that I had to get invited to the next big high school party to matter to someone, but here, I don't need to change who I am to matter to people. These guys accept me for who I am. When I'm at the museum I feel like I finally belong."

Dad looks at you for a long moment. You nervously try to read his face but can't tell what he's thinking. He suddenly slowly walks up to you. He wraps his arms around you, pulling you into a hug. You tightly hug him back. "I'm sorry, (yn)." He quietly says.

"Dad..."

"I just always wanted to protect you. I thought that being with someone from the museum would bring you more harm than good because they only come to life at night." He pulls out of the hug and looks you in the eyes. "But, I realize now that taking you away from this place hurt you even more."

"So am I allowed to visit again?" You hopefully ask.

"Yes."

"Thankyou Dad!!" You happily say, hugging your dad once again.

He chuckles. "Go, get outta here. It's almost sundown. I think you have someone to visit."

You nod and dart out of the office. You begin running down the hall. As the sun sets the museum flashes to life around you, but you keep on running.
As you run into the Egyptian exhibit, you smile when you see Ahk reading over a scroll of some kind.

"Ahk!" You exclaim, running towards the pharaoh.

Ahkmenrah looks up at you. His face lights up. "(Yn)!!"

You wrap your arms around him in a hug and bury your head into his chest. "I'm back now. For good." You mumble.

Ahkmenrah smiles. "I've missed you, Darling."

"I've missed you more."