Chapter 22

"Harry, Hermione and Ron! They don't know we are here!" You exclaimed, grabbing Harry's arm, stopping him from moving. 

"Oh- you're right! What do we do?" Harry asked, struggling to turn around to not hurt you. 

"I don't know, how about you continue going and I go back to them?" You suggested, grabbing your wand from the inside of your pocket. 

"But, what if something happens to the three of you?" 

"We'll be fine."

"You don't know that."

"I know, I don't know. That's the point. We have to get through this. You have to go get that diadem and I will get them," you planned, casting your own Lumos charm. A bright light illuminated from your wand and you saw how stretched the tunnel was to go back. 

"Please, be careful," Harry called. 

"I'll try Harry. Destroy it," you ordered, crawling back to the end of the tunnel. 

Harry grabbed your arm before you could go any further and pulled you into a tight hug. You were surprised but you held on to him tightly, fearing that he will disappear if you let go. You sniffed onto his shoulder, him pressing his head next to yours. 

"I'm scared, Harry," you whispered, feeling the tunnel shake a little as there was thundering above the both of you. 

"I am too, but you're going to be okay. I'm okay, we're okay," Harry soothed, his voice cracking as he tried to hold back tears. He didn't know what was awaiting but he knew that he didn't want to let go of you. He was scared to lose you. 

"I'm scared to leave you, Harry," you cried, leaning back to look at his face. A line created in between your eyebrows, staring into his face full of concern. 

"You shouldn't be, because we're going to see each other again. I promise," he soothed, grabbing your head and leaning his towards you. He planted a soft kiss on your forehead and you smiled, holding his hand to the side of your face. 

"I hope you're right Harry."

"Of course I am." 

You smiled and you wanted to say the three words that lingered on your lips ever since fifth year. You wanted to shout them out, finally tell Harry how you feel. But, the tunnel started to shake uncontrollably, making your vision blur. You crawled towards the end and Harry crawled the other way, both of you expecting the other was right next to them. 

"Y/n!" Harry yelled before a huge piece of the castle dug its way down the tunnel. You shielded your face, threw your arms over your head to try and not break your spine. Dust covered your eyesight and you couldn't see Harry anymore, the piece of the castle blocked the other side of the tunnel. 

"Harry?! Are you alright?!" You yelled but just like you expected, he didn't answer back. You wiped your eyes to try to clear your view. You squinted into the blackness until you realized that your wand wasn't near you anymore. Panic started to flow through you and you used your hands to look for your wand. You couldn't find anything but instead your hands suffered the cuts and edges from the hard stone that fell. "Harry! If you can hear me, I'm alright! I'm going to go, please get that stupid diadem and bloody destroy it! We'll see each other again!" You wailed loudly, hoping that he will somehow hear you. 

You decided it was best to continue without your wand. You worried, stopping a couple of seconds to hear any sign of Harry. But none came. You continued until eventually your fear started to eat you. You were anxious to know if Harry is safe and you vowed to yourself that if you see him again, you will tell him exactly how you feel. You felt that if you waited for any other chance, you might never be able to tell him. You crawled further and further, it felt like miles, until something incredibly solid hit your head. You winced and felt with your hands the weird texture of spiky plastic things. You knew it was the jewelry. But, a second the wall had the strange poky texture and then it became weirdly solid again.