29. First Dates

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Iris lied when she said she was more nervous about shopping.

It was the date, definitely the date.

Iris's POV

I fell face first into my bed, "I'm not going," I mumbled.

The week had gone by quicker than expected and it was now Saturday. James texted me and we agreed to meet at the restaurant at 7:00 pm.

I currently had 58 minutes and 27 seconds in counting, my hair wasn't co-operating, I didn't like my outfit and Valerius, Valentino and Lorenzo were all throwing a fit saying that they should bolt my windows to keep boys out not give me money to buy a dress.

And to make it all more chaotic now is when Nario decided that he wanted a Guinea pig.

But it's not like I'm stressed or anything, I'm calm.

"Right," Aunt Gina called out.

"Valerius, Valentino and Lorenzo, Iris is going whether you like it or not,"

"But- "

" I disagree- "

"Fuck no- "

They all started but Aunt Gina glared at them shutting them up and the walked away sulking and muttering how they were going to plan James murder and then mine.

So dramatic.

"Nario, I think a Guinea Pig is a great idea why don't you go and tell Donatello all about your plans," Emilio started as he high fived Nario before watching him clumsily run down the hall.

Aunt Gina grabbed my wrist and sat me down in front of the dresser as she styled my hair, Zyanna, Fleur and Cora's voice flooded through the phone as they watched through FaceTime and Inaya wanted all the details on Monday.

"Natural look?" She questioned, laughing lightly as Cora shouted yes through the phone whilst Fleur said I should go more bold.

I went natural.

Aunt Gina had bought me loads of outfits and I was now wearing some light blue jeans with a cropped white top and a checkered oversized shirt.

(The struggle we went through to pick this outfit)

"You look amazing," Aunt Gina said as she grinned happily, my brown hair was now straightened and flowed down my back.

As I opened the door Valentino, Valerius and Lorenzo all fell into the room. Aunt Gina looked at them with an eyebrow raised whilst tapping her foot against the ground.

They sheepishly smiled before looking at me.

"You look awful, you should cancel," Valerius stated.

"I second that,"

Aunt Gina slapped the back of his head whitest I rolled my eyes and walked down the stairs where Donatello was waiting to drop me off.

"Iris you look great," Emilio started before he rambled into a speech about how I should be confident and have a good time.

As I went with Aunt Gina the rest of the boys waved me off, the twins and Lorenzo still arguing with Donatello for letting me go, and Ares laughing at them for being overprotective.

Dante wasn't there but it didn't really matter.

Before we knew it, me and Aunt Gina were outside the arcade. She handed me lipgloss and wished me luck, she asked if she should wait with me but I shook me head and waved her off before heading in.

* * *

Half an hour had passed and he still hadn't shown up, maybe he was just running late, I walked around whilst checking my phone to see if he had messaged me.

He hadn't.

He was now 1 hour and 30 minutes late, I began to rub my wrist in fear that something had happened to him when my phone started ringing.

"Are you okay, are you hurt?" I rushed out before he had the chance to speak.

"Yeah... are you there?"

"Yeah,"

From his side of the phone I could hear muffled laughter.

"I'm not coming," he started, "I was never coming I got dared to ask you I never actually wanted to go,"

"Oh, erm okay, have a good night then," I said before quickly ending the call.

I didn't really know how to feel, it's not like I was in love with the guy but I was excited I guess, and we could've had fun if he actually showed up.

I texted Emilio and asked him to pick me up before buying some sour patch kids and waiting outside.

James was different, he didn't know me like my mum did. He didn't have a reason to not like me and be this mean, he just did it.

Maybe it wasn't my mum, maybe I was the problem.

- x -

authors note: should've known not to trust a boy called James after season 2 of the next step.

Can't believe you guys really thought James was the love interest 😭😂.

Also I don't know why I was so obsessed about the outfit it really wasn't that deep.

But you'll meet the real love interest soon, just thought the story needed a little bit of ✨edge✨ it was getting kinda dry.