38. Explanation

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The boys all knew something was wrong with Iris, Nario's eyelids began to flutter closed so Emilio went to tuck him into bed. While he was doing this, the others cleared their plates and followed after Nazaire to go and check on Iris.

As they got into the room and saw the pictures scattered all over the floor with a single letter they were suddenly filled with confusion and when they saw Iris crying into Nazaire's shoulder they felt anger because without realising it they had all become attached to her.

"What's all this?" Lorenzo questioned as he held a picture between his fingers.

Valerius's jaw was set as Valentino's eyes looked over the letter that he felt like ripping into shreds but he kept his composure, for now.

"Who's Paul?"

At that dozens of questions were fired as the twins and Lorenzo desperately wanted to know who did this and who made her cry so they could be held accountable.

The last time a boy made Iris cry with a fake date Lorenzo and the twins made sure Iris was okay and acted calm but made sure to pay him a little visit, with Dante, making sure he wasn't going to be in school for at least a week.

"Enough,"

At Donatello words all the boys went quiet, he then muttered in Italian for them to go and wait in the living room, begrudgingly they began to exit.

As he approached Iris who was still being held, Nazaire slowly passed Iris to him before leaving the room, Donatello could tell his anger was festering inside of him.

Donatello ran his fingers through Iris's hair as her breaths slowed, they sat silently for a while entertaining the thoughts that ran in their heads.

"If you want to explain now we'll all be ready to listen but take as long as you need," he spoke.

Iris said nothing.

"Though, I will be looking into this Paul character for your safety," and though her safety was his main priority seeing the reaction Paul evoked from her he wanted to know just how badly he needed to hurt him.

"Later," she began, "can I try and sleep?"

"Iris you don't need to ask," he got up ready to leave but he felt a firm grip on the bottom of his blazer because for some reason he deemed it necessary to wear a suit everywhere.

"Can you erm," Iris tried asking, "could you-"

He noticed her worried state and how she was tripping over her words, he moved out of her hold shook his blazer off and placed it behind the chair at her desk.

"But just to make sure you're safe I'm going to wait until you fall asleep,"

A ghost smile fell on Iris's lips, "Okay if that will make you feel better cause it's not like I need you here or anything,"

He shook his head as a small laugh escaped him making his dimples present, "Of course not," he agreed.

* * *