48

Chapter 48: Hooking Fish or Hooking People
If you wanted to fish, you first needed a fishing rod.

Though Di Jiufeng was a bit unhappy with Ning Guang, in order to complete the mission as soon as possible, she still dragged her off to the market. Because they were in a seaside town, fishing rods, bait, and fish baskets were all readily available. Di Jiufeng purchased a full set, and took her disciple to the shore.

It was a bright and clear day, and the temperature was just right. A light breeze brushed past from time to time, raising ripples on the sea.

This was the best kind of weather for fishing. Di Jiufeng pulled her disciple to the harbor. She baited the hook, then tossed it far out into the water. She tried to stuff the fishing rod into Ning Guang’s hands, but got grabbed from behind, her hands held tight.

“A-Feng, since you want to teach me how to fish, you can’t be a hands-off teacher.”

Ning Guang sat down, then pulled Di Jiufeng to sit across her lap. She placed her mouth close to Di Jiufeng’s ear, warm breath burning a patch of crimson on her earlobe.

“That resentful ghost of yours is stupid, but it was not wrong. A-Feng, why are you displeased? Why do you have to bully it?”

Di Jiufeng humphed, then snapped her head around to glare at her. “I’m displeased with everything! I am your shifu, why does it call you boss! And you were the one who hit it, not me! Why does that count as me bullying it?”

Some things, Di Jiufeng thought, needed to be made clear.

But Ning Guang did not speak, only the corner of her mouth lifted in a silent smile.

In Di Jiufeng’s eyes, this was a bare-faced taunt. Furious, she wrestled her hands out of Ning Guang’s grip, grabbed her cheeks, and shook hard. “Do you not agree? Then you go to Gui Hun island by myself! I’m going back to Pear Peak! Humph!”

After scolding Ning Guang, Di Jiufeng reached for the ground, trying to escape from her hold.

Ning Guang figured there was nothing wrong with giving her a verbal victory and reached out to scoop her back, then spoke next to her cheek. “Okay, okay, okay. Whatever you say, A-Feng, whatever you say goes.”

A cool breeze rolled over, but sweeping over the two, it seemed as if even the breeze was suffused with warmth.

With this brush of skin, Di Jiufeng turned into a flustered mess, her previous haughtiness completely gone, her delicate hands fisted tight in the sleeves of her robe. “Either way, either way, do not collude with that resentful ghost in the future…”

She slowly scooted down, pressing closer and closer to Ning Guang, until in the end, her whole body was curled in Ning Guang’s embrace. She turned and rubbed her forehead against the crook of Ning Guang’s neck, a faint smile curving her lips.

And then she ran as soon as she was done, like a little rabbit that had tugged the wolf’s tail, hopping away.