𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

22.2k reads. 1k votes. Let me just explode real quick.

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1596

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞 of the memory faded away from her mind as she inhaled her surroundings. 

It seemed she was here for a while, judging by her torch being completely burnt out. It usually only lasted a few hours anyway, but damn was it dark out.

Y/n did feel horrible about zoning out, and completely failing her job. Panic surged over her, as she feared the worst.

What if the others got caught?

The crowd was no where to be seen, which could be a good or bad thing. Scrambling up, she rushed to the stump. She almost tripped over it, and was relieved to see her friends sleeping peacefully. Ghostbur was hugging his legs, his head snuggled into his knees as his arms served as a sort of pillow. He wasn't breathing, but that's normal. For him, anyways. Tommy had his legs outstretched in front of him, and it seemed he was using the still-standing backpack as a pillow. The girl was a bit confused on why the bag wasn't falling from the weight of his head, but saw that the blond stuck some thick branches which were poking the rear of the bag. Hey, he does him. As much as she felt bad waking up the child from his sleep, she knew it could be a matter of life, or being caught. He did look more peaceful then he has in a while now, though. 

Oh well.

Being careful to not wake up Ghostbur, Y/n gently shook the sleeping boy. She stopped after a few seconds, and seemed unamused. Man, he was one deep sleeper. She shook him again, this time using more force but it was no use. Sighing, the y/h/c haired girl muttered a quick apology before grabbing both his shoulders and shaking him vigorously. At last, the sleeping goblin awoke. 

"Oi!" Tommy bleated irritated, slapping her hands away. 

"Finally. It's your time to guard."  She reminded, giving him a bit of space.

"What time is it?" He croaked, rubbing his eyes before standing up and stretching. 

"Do you think there's a clock anywhere near?" Y/n observed, obviously in a bad mood because of her lack of sleep. 

"WELL HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FUCKING KNOW WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF NO-" The 16 year old fumed, probably waking up everyone in the process.

"Will you shut up!? You're going to alert everyone we're here." The girl hissed in a low tone, aware of the ghost stirring in his sleep.

The blond narrowed his eyes at her, but shut his trap and moved on to another subject. "Is the crowd near?"

"No, but you can never be to sure." She cautioned, gesturing for her team mate to move. "I need sleep."

"Can't I just sleep a bit more?" Tommy whined, his eyes droopy as he stumbled away from his sleeping spot, his posture as horrible as ever.

"No." She said firmly, taking her seat. "What if they come explore this place? Plus there isn't any space for all the three of us to remain hidden."

"You just want Ghostbur all to yourself." He grumbled, but walking away as Y/n just flipped him off.

Damn, was it that obvious though?

She struggled to try to make herself comfortable, edging away from her ghost friend in fear of waking him up. He may not be his usual cheery self when he's waken up at what seems like 1 AM. 

Still trying to be in a agreeable , the girl couldn't help but wonder how they both slept so soundly. Using a log as a mattress and pillow was not fun, and she'd probably be sore when she woke up.