59

Chapter 59: Sentiment
They wanted to find the path to the demon realm in order to investigate the descendants of Chi You, find the key, and retrieve the ancient witch’s body. They wanted the map to the witch tribe’s tomb so that Ning Guang’s soul could easily merge into the ancient witch’s body.

Though Di Jiufeng had not read the novel very carefully, she still remembered this point. If the soul of the ancient witch’s reincarnation wished to easily merge with her previous body, she must go to the altar in the witch tribe’s tomb.

Di Jiufeng was sure of this fact, so she did not dally any longer and left Shen City, pulling Ning Guang along with her.

The lost treasure lands truly were a mysterious place. In the brief time they had been away, the corpses and blood which were all over the ground had already been washed clean by the thick fog. In this wide-empty ancient battlefield, they two and the long-gone Buddhist cultivator were the only ones left. With no one else filling the quota, Di Jiufeng boldly walked outside.

She looked all around and instantly spotted that pitch-black demonic skeleton, now missing its remnant soul.

The preservation of a person’s skin and even their skeleton was entirely due to the presence of energy in the soul. When it had a remnant soul, this demonic skeleton was so bright it nearly glowed, seizing one’s gaze the moment one laid eyes upon it.

But so soon after Di Jiufeng had absorbed the demon’s soul, the demonic skeleton had collapsed like a pile of rotting wood.

Dark and dismal, letting off the scent of old rot like a thing that would shatter with a single touch. But the thin scepter in its hand, after enduring for countless years, exploded with an eye-catching demonic light.

[T/N: 喧宾夺主, like a clamoring guest overwhelming the voice of the host]

“The demonic device activated, the ghostly form appeared, the lost treasure lands were left a scene of great tragedy, and the late-arriving secret path to the demon realm finally took off its invisibility cloak.”

This was a sentence from the original novel, and today, though the script had gone a bit off-track due to Di Jiufeng’s addition, its overall direction had not changed. They had to find the demonic device before they could make the secret path to the demon realm show its true form in the strange scene to come.

Di Jiufeng took a few more looks at that scepter, then pushed at Ning Guang and walked ahead.

“Ning Guang, is that the demonic device? I think I’ve seen it in the Shenzhou Records, it’s called… called the something Fallen-Soul Scepter.”

Ning Guang nodded, interlocking their fingers tight. Though the runaway fear in her heart had calmed with Di Jiufeng’s comfort, that mess of apprehension still lingered in aftertaste.

Ning Guang said, “This is the Fallen-Soul Scepter, it was a blood demon’s lifelong spiritual device some ten thousand years ago. A-Feng, do you want it?”

Di Jiufeng hummed in agreement and said, “Since we’ve come across it, it would be a pity if we didn’t take it. Looking at my current condition, I may have to cultivate the demonic path in the future. We’ll be a ghostly cultivator and a demonic cultivator, even better of a match than before.” Di Jiufeng smiled, shaking out some harmonious warmth from her faintly curved brows.