Chapter 18: Fancypants

Keeley's POV

"Okay... I think I have everything," I mumbled to myself as I unconsciously patted my hands over my pockets and purse.

It's been a couple of days since my last nightmare and since I told Luca that I loved him, and I'm finally feeling okay. Being out in the open with my feelings towards Luca hasn't been easy. I'm terrified and constantly looking over my shoulder for Adrik, just waiting for him to pop up out of the shadows and take Luca away from me. 

Today, though, I wasn't focused on any of that. I had asked my father if he would take me to the next town over so I could do some shopping for the guys. He still hadn't let up on any of the restrictions he placed on me, so he was really my only resort.

I smoothed down my cream-colored sweater and pale jeans then tied up my converse before grabbing my jacket and walking downstairs.

The house was quiet, which was weird considering it was eight in the morning, and nobody was supposed to be at work until nine. Sam and Donnie were the only exceptions as it was the last day of school before winter break, but they only had a half-day.

I walked down the long hallway to my father's office and gently knocked on the door three times before entering. He was sitting behind his big, mahogany desk flipping through piles upon piles of papers. His suit was perfectly unwrinkled and not a hair was out of place. So far, a good morning.

"Keeley," he spoke without glancing towards me. I pulled my jacket a bit tighter around myself as I continued towards his desk.

"You ready to go?" I asked while staring at his favorite mug filled with steaming coffee next to his hand.

"Go where?" He continued to browse through the papers as his eyebrows furrowed together.

"You told me yesterday you would take me to the mall so I could Christmas shop for the boys," I told him slowly. We had this whole conversation yesterday, and he was perfectly fine with this idea.

"I don't remember having that discussion, and even if we did, I can't go."

I stare at him blankly for a moment, watching as keeps flipping through those damn papers filled with who knows what. I could tell my patience was slowly waning and I hadn't even been in the room thirty seconds.

"And why can't you go? Why would you tell me you could go if you couldn't?"

"Keeley," he sighed while removing his glasses and looking at me for the first time since I walked in here. He leaned forward and rested his forearms on the desk, slightly creasing one of the papers. His eyes were cold and slightly annoyed as he spoke.

"I can't go. I have a lot to do today and the time for one of your little shopping sprees isn't there. Maybe if you wouldn't have gone and gotten into a fight, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now."