72

Chapter 72: Wooden Sculpture
Di Jiufeng had an embroidered pouch, but it was a bit strange. Thinking about it now, it must have been because it was a failed product. Since it was a failed product, maybe the thread could be reused.

Di Jiufeng woke the System and had it bring out the embroidered pouch. She asked casually, “Do you know what I will get if I give this to her?” She didn’t expect to get an answer, but unexpectedly, the System responded, “You will get an umbrella, an umbrella which can block a heavenly calamity. As for whether it works and when you can use it, I do not know, the program only says this much.”

“An umbrella which can block a heavenly calamity? But no one can achieve immortality nowadays, even yao rarely cultivate to taking form. What use do I have for this umbrella?”

[T/N: A heavenly calamity is a challenge a cultivator goes through which allows them to ascend to immortality if they succeed.]

Di Jiufeng thought this to herself, not expecting the System to reply. She slowly took out that old pouch and showed it to the young mistress, her brows slightly furrowed. She said a bit hesitantly, “I picked this up by the side of the road outside the city, it looks a bit like the one Lin Hao has. I don’t know if it belongs to him, I was going to ask him tomorrow.”

The young mistress looked down at it, took the pouch, and stroked its surface. “Yes, this is the first one I made. Unfortunately, it failed. I left it in the sewing room, I don’t know if the maids lost it later.”

Di Jiufeng nodded and said, “Since it did not succeed, you should be able to use the thread if you take it apart.”

“…, Miss Di is smart!” The young mistress was a bit shocked at first, then she began to smile. She squeezed the pouch in her hands, eyes curved in a smile floating towards the direction of the estate. She couldn’t keep still, she wanted to go back immediately to make Lin Hao an embroidered pouch.

“Miss Di, you really are my benefactor, I don’t know how to thank you. How about this, I have an umbrella which can block heavenly calamities; I don’t think anyone here will have a chance to use it, but you and Miss Ning Guang may have the chance. I truly want to thank you, please do not refuse.”

Di Jiufeng did not say anything, she was thinking about something else.

She looked at the young mistress, then looked at the embroidered pouch in her hands. Di Jiufeng hesitated for a long time, then mumbled out, “I only picked it up by accident, you don’t need to be so polite. But I do have a presumptuous request. Could you make a smaller pouch and leave some thread for me? I would like to make one for Ning Guang.”

The young mistress laughed lightly, her eyes traveling between the two, her expression growing even more gentle. “Of course. Making a pouch only requires one thread of twining vine silk, and this is enough for three. Miss Di, give me some time to take it apart, I will have someone take it to you tomorrow.”

“There’s no need, no need, I can come to you. I still have to learn how to make it from you.”

Ning Guang did not say anything, like she was happy to accept Di Jiufeng’s thoughtful gift. But after they sent off the young mistress, she looked meaningfully at a thread seller.