74

Chapter 74: Break Up?
If Ning Guang wanted to pretend nothing was wrong, no one would be able to tell. Since she was showing it so clearly, Di Jiufeng went along with her and asked.

As expected, Ning Guang nearly didn’t hesitate before tugging on her arm and saying, “A-Feng, I want to know, who are you?”

“Who else could I be, I’m your Shifu.” Di Jiufeng replied casually, but right afterwards, she realized that wasn’t entirely correct. After all, she wasn’t the real Di Jiufeng, but a stranger who had transmigrated from another world. She thought this had been exposed, but to be honest, this was nothing she couldn’t tell Ning Guang.

“Alright, it’s a bit complicated, listen to me.” Di Jiufeng carefully gathered her words, and explained to Ning Guang how she had died, then transmigrated from another world.

She trusted Ning Guang very much, she was sure she could accept that she had been reincarnated in someone else’s body.

Ning Guang did believe her, but she still looked tense.

Looking at the deep creases in her brow, Di Jiufeng felt a knot in her chest, she still felt a bit bad. “What is it? If you can’t accept it, then just tell me. Don’t talk around it, I’m slow.”

Di Jiufeng felt she was about to explode, she wasn’t in a good mood.

Ning Guang wavered between scaring her and making her angry for a while, but finally sighed and said, “Look for yourself.” She took out the wooden sculpture she had been hiding in her qiankun pouch, refusing to let her see, then, with her back to Di Jiufeng, passed the sculpture to her.

Di Jiufeng didn’t notice anything strange at first, until she was holding the wooden sculpture in her hands. When she turned it to get a closer look at its face, Di Jiufeng exploded on Ning Guang like an erupting volcano. “You want to break up? No, you don’t want to be with me anymore?”

Even burning with anger, Di Jiufeng still considered the cultural differences, and translated the term to make sure Ning Guang would understand.

[T/N: 分手, lit. ‘to separate hands’, is a more modern way of saying ‘to break up’.]

But right after the words left her mouth, she laughed in anger. She was threatening to break up, and the first thing she thought to do wasn’t to interrogate Ning Guang, but worry whether she could understand. There must be something wrong with her, even in a relationship she was trying to ascend as a saintess!

“Pah, if you want to break up then we can break up, I don’t want to stay with you!” She spat fiercely at Ning Guang, then turned to walk back inside.

She wasn’t the type to hang on too tightly to something she had already lost, but she couldn’t control the suffering in her heart. As soon as she was out of eyesight, the tears started spilling uncontrollably down her face.

Ning Guang was confused how things had progressed this way, she didn’t know how Di Jiufeng’s thoughts had gone there, she was a bit shocked.