one, hate

"alright? who's up next?" y/n stares at her sensei for a second, deciding she'd volunteer. "i'll go." she shrugged, hand raised up in the air.

"okay, l/n, step up." he clapped, signaling towards the middle of the mat. y/n walks forward, smoothing out her white gi as she goes.

"you sure you wanna do this, princess?" the boy in front of her smirks, looking down at her and stepping dangerously closer to her.

"what? you afraid i'll win?" she smirks back, also moving forward which causes their chests to slightly touch. he scoffs, "in your dreams, doll."

"for the hundredth time guys–this is a dojo, not a porn studio!" the teens turn to look at sensei with disgusted looks on their faces as they step further away from each other, the other students in the dojo laughing at them.

"alright! face me, bow." they do as instructed, "face each other, bow." another smirk plays on hawk's lips as he bows. he takes his fighting position, y/n doing the same. "fight!"

they begin fighting it out. hawk throws a punch at y/n but she's quick to duck, doing a side kick and successfully kicking his stomach. he stumbles back a bit before regaining himself and throwing punches again.

he manages to finally hit her, after she blocked almost all his other moves. they step back from one another and then y/n runs towards him but is quickly knocked down as he sweeps her legs out from under her.

"ooh!" the students echo, watching inventively as the two continue fighting.

"guess i literally swept you off your feet, huh?" he flirts. she rolls her eyes and throws herself up from the ground. she wastes no time in swinging at him again before doing a roundhouse kick and knocking him down.

she gets down on top of him and holds his arm back behind his back, her other hand pressing his face down on the ground. "like hell i'd let you win this time. tap out." he does as instructed and sensei lawrence walks over, grabbing y/n's hand and holding it up in the air.

hawk glares at her, adjusting his gi as he gets up. "woo, go y/n!" aisha smiles at her friend, throwing a fist up in the air. y/n laughs at her antics.

"that was all for today's session, nice job...most of you." sensei speaks, dismissing everyone before walking off into his office.

the students all disperse, some heading to the locker rooms to change and others staying to practice some more.

y/n walks to the girls locker room, which wasn't even close to being as big as the one the guys had. it was fair enough though, considering there are only two girls in cobra kai as of now.

"bye, y/n." aisha waves, already changed and walking out of the locker room. y/n waves back at her as she passes her on her way into the locker room. she changes out of her gi, jumping into her jeans and slipping her shirt onto her body.

she grabs her bag and heads out towards the front exit, "see ya, miggy!" a smile sits on her face as she waves at her friend, he waves back. her smile quickly turns into a glare as she sees hawk looking at her with a blank face.

–time skip to the next day at school–

the last bell of the school day had rang. y/n stood at her locker, demetri joining her at his next to hers. "hey," she smiled, turning to look at him. she was good friends with demetri, which was kinda weird considering his best friend and her hated each other, she didn't know why.

her and eli just never spoke before he was hawk, and when he turned into hawk he started acting like a complete dick towards her.

aisha joins them, "we're hanging out with miguel and some others after school, wanna join?" she chirps up, looking at y/n.

y/n closes her locker and leans against it, looking at the girl in front of her. "uhm, i don't know. you know what happened last time hawk and i were around each other outside of the dojo."

demetri closes his own locker and the three of them begin walking towards the school exit, where hawk and miguel stand with a few other guys. " maybe this time it'll be different. plus this little rivalry between you two is so stupid, you guys are both cobras and are fighting against each other." aisha laughs.

"yeah, it's so stupid. you guys didn't even talk before he was "hawk" so why are you two always after each other's throats?" demetri interjects.

"i do not wanna be the only girl with them again, please come." y/n sighs, turning to look at aisha. she throws her head back groans, "fine! only for you." she complies, as they approach the guys.

hawk looks y/n up and down, a judging look on his face. "she's coming?" aisha nods and he rolls his eyes, earning a slap on the arm from miguel. "chill dude, it's just y/n." he says.

"that's the problem." hawk spits, placing his arms inside the pockets of his sweatpants. y/n makes a mocking face at him, "hating me won't make you pretty." she retreats.

"oh, yeah? well-"

"can you guys just stop arguing for like once? let's go." miguel sighs, waving everyone over towards the exit.

'this is going to be a long day' y/n thinks to herself as she trails behind aisha.