[51] York New City

Sitting on the sofas, silence fell between the five U.A. students, everybody processing what you just disclosed. Hanta was the first to speak, his face passive.

"So this 'Ai' sent us here, but now isn't responding. So we're stuck."

That was not how you would have liked to put it, but after a moment you had nodded, wringing your hands out of anxiety. "I'm — I'm trying to contact them. They're there, I can feel it, but it's like they're — dormant, now? Hibernating? I'm not really sure."

Neito's face was buried in his hands. "I'm stuck with a bunch of Class 1-A idiots in a different world. There's no way this could get worse."

Laughing nervously, Denki put his hands up. "H-hey now, don't jinx us!"

Tuning out everybody for just a moment, you closed your eyes, trying to reach out to the being you had grown familiar with in your head. No matter what you said, though, you didn't hear a response. You stood by your word — Ai wasn't gone, somehow you could feel them, but they felt far away and out of your reach. Another sigh left you, mentally going through your other options.

Were there any? Possibly, but first things first, you all had various injuries that needed tending to.

Standing up abruptly and startling your ragtag group, you clapped your hands twice to grab everybody's attention.

"If we sit here moping and skulking, we're not going to get anywhere. I think you all can agree when I say we need to get back to our — er, your — world?"

Mina nodded enthusiastically. "[N/n]'s right! We have to get back!"

Neito was unimpressed with yours and Mina's confidence. "And how do you suppose we do that? Do you have a secret teleporter or any other method besides your imaginary friend?"

You almost bit back — almost. Managing to stop yourself, you took a deep breath, reminding yourself that now was not the time to get into arguments. "First, we need essentials. Medical supplies, clothes, food, and a cellphone." The last item seemed to confuse everybody, and you quickly explained yourself. "My cellphone shattered when I first got to your world, but I can easily buy another one and use it to surf the internet and make phone calls to see if I can get any help."

Not to mention I need to get into my bank account to actually pay for everything else, you tacked on mentally. Eyeing everybody up, you chewed on your lower lip. All of you were extremely grimy and rough looking, and you'd like to take a shower and get new clothes promptly, but to do that...

Was it better to take one person, or the whole group? There were pros and cons to each — if it was just you and one other, you two wouldn't stand out as much, but if you got attacked, there would only be you and a nenless quirk user. On the other hand, if you all went out in a group, if you were accosted it'd be much easier to fight back. The downside, however, was that you all would stand out more, especially Mina and Hanta.

We can't stay in this hotel room, either... York New City is a goldmine for information. We may be able to find out more about Ai or this other world business...

"[Y/n]?"

Blinking and coming back to reality, you glanced over at Hanta, a forced smile on your face. "Sorry," you apologized. "I was just thinking. Let me see if I can get clothes sent to us, that way we can all shower and head out for information and supplies." Mina especially looked happy at the prospect of new clothes, but she was about to be sorely disappointed.

Walking over to the hotel phone, you dialed room service, immediately recognizing Millie's chirpy voice.

"Room service, this is Millie speaking, how can I help you?"