stalling

When the boy they hadn't seen in so long left their house for the second time in three months, all three members of the household had a reaction not quite like the other.

Wilbur was in pure distress. Judging by the looks on his family's faces, he realized it didn't click to any of them that there was a possibility that somewhere in their house, an actual bomb sat, ticking away at the mercy of a single button. Their lives, their fucking lives, were at the mercy of a child that they had wronged.

Wilbur begged Phil to help him look and after hours of tedious searching, hours of tearing apart the house for the small bomb, Phil came to the conclusion that Tommy was merely lying just to set the family on their nerves and happily hummed to himself. Wilbur felt he was too happy after the events that happened.

And in all certainty, Phil was happy, god he was so happy. He was so happy Tommy wasn't in danger, that he was safe. Yeah, Phil knew that Tommy being safe should have been the bare minimum for a child that young, but of course, he was part of the problem, and he'd come to terms with the fact he was a failure of a parent and he deserved nothing in the world other than his kids being happy.

Tommy certainly looked happy, at least that's what he hoped. And by the looks of it, Tommy was also a prince? It hadn't occurred to Phil what prince Tommy was exactly. It never even crossed his mind once.

Unlike Tubbo, whose only thoughts were the fact his old best friend was the person that killed his mother. Did he believe Tommy when he said that Niki tried to hurt him first? Not at all. Although at the back of his head, there was a small voice telling him that Tommy wasn't lying. But he chose to ignore it, of course.

Nothing could taint the view of his mother Tubbo had in his head, and honestly, could you blame him?

I mean, you probably could, but let's not talk about that. Instead, let's talk about how Wilbur took the news, slowly after he started to believe Phil's words about there not being a bomb.

Wilbur felt guilty, because all he could ever do in front of the poor kid was mess up even more. Why he snapped at Tommy, he still didn't know. Honestly, if he couldn't even hold his anger as a kid, how was he going to learn to control it? God, he regretted the words that came out of his mouth so much and all he wished he could do was to go back in time and undo the mistake of a sentence he decided to say.

I mean, calling a mentally unstable probably fourteen-year-old child insane was too much, even for him.

But of course, it was too late for that, it's not like he could go back in time and stop his past self from saying the shit he did, he wasn't magic.

The whole week was quiet, but it wasn't unusual. The residents of the small house in the forest all chose not to communicate with one another, rather staying to their own paths and avoiding one another.

At least until the week ended and a certain someone came to visit.

When Techno came to the house, he was met with a sight he'd never had expected to see. The house was torn apart, seeing that no one in the family cared enough to clean it, as well as everyone being nowhere to be seen.

Techno called out their names and deducted that they must not have been at home. He went upstairs, knowing that Tubbo was for sure at home. He knocked on the boy's door and could hear the soft breathing of his little brother.

He opened the door, only to see Tubbo sitting on his bed, mindlessly staring at the wall. As Techno expected. It seemed that blindly staring at the wall was one of Tubbo's favorite pastimes.

Techno called out to Tubbo, who replied with an unenthusiastic what. Which, again, was an expected response.

"Whats new little man?" Techno had asked, sitting down on the bed.

With a deep breath, Tubbo slowly started to speak. He didn't even move an inch, other than his mouth. He only said one short sentence, three important words. "Tommy visited us."

Techno took the words slowly, before actually accepting them. His face grew, before falling, then growing again. He was upset that he wasn't there for Tommy's visit, but then again, when was he ever there for Tommy in the first place?

Techno turned to Tubbo and gave him an awkward pat on the head, before leaving the room and going to his own.

He'd been stalling enough.

Why he'd been stalling, he didn't exactly know. He knew how to make a portal to Hell, fuck he was the king of it for a short period of time. But maybe he just wanted to wait until Tommy was ready. And obviously, by visiting them, that meant he was ready, right?

So that's exactly what he did, he opened a portal to Hell. He was going to go, at least say hello. But the second before Techno stepped into the portal, there was a quiet knock on his door.

Techno stared at Tubbo in shock, surprised that the boy had come out of his room. But if we're being honest, the request Tubbo gave Techno probably surprised him more.

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of people who read my book vote on the story. So if u end up enjoying this story, consider voting, it's free and u can always unvote later enjoy the story #VotePrime

Love you all so much have a glorious rest of your day :D