19

(Omniscient)
1 Week Later

"Is that everything?" Ace's mom asked.

"Yeah, I think so," Ace answered as he put down the last box.

"Ok, then I'll be on my way. I'll come by tomorrow with the papers for you to sign."

"Hol up. What papers?" Ace asked his mom.

"The lease..." she answered.

Shouldn't I been signed that already, Ace asks in his head.

"Oh aight," he looked at her with suspicion.

"So what do we do now?" Davanee asked, looking around at the apartment.

"Oh sweetie just have Ace wipe everything down and make the bed so you guys can sleep here tonight. I bought the couches last week so they should be fine," Ms. Laurent said.

"Aight ma, you can go now."

With that, Ace's mom walks out the front door.

Yes, Ace and Davanee had just moved in together. When Ace's mom had a chance to talk to Davanee's mother, she convinced her that them moving in together would be best. Ace's mother had owned an apartment complex so she decided to give them an apartment.

"This shit is crazy," Davanee commented, sighing.

"I know ... but it is what it is," Ace says.

"It is what it is?"

"Yeah. You wanna help me with the bed or you want me to do it by myself?" He says, locking the front door.

"Do you want me to help?" She asked, heading into the kitchen area. "Where's the food? We don't have any food?"

"Oh yeah, we gotta go shoppin. You hungry?"

"Kinda..." she says softly.

"Aight, ima set up the bed and then we'll head out."

He heads into their new bedroom. The bed frame was already positioned in the spot that was preferred so all Ace did was unwrap the king sized mattress and the mattress topper then he put the sheet, duvet cover and pillows on.

They were all set for the night time.

After he finished, he met Davanee back in the kitchen.

"You ready to go?" He asks.

She puts the sponge that she was using to clean out the fridge down on the island. "Yeah."

Ace grabs his car keys then his wallet and they both headed out the door.

"You aight? You being quiet over there in ya seat..." Ace said to Davanee a couple minutes after he started driving.

"I'm always quiet," she shrugged.

"Nee, I know you got a problem sittin on ya chest so just let it off."

She shrugged. "I don't know ... it's just they're treating us like adults."

"Well, they might as well think we are, judging by the fact that we managed to concei-"

"Ok but what kinda mother agrees to send her daughter off to live with-" she cuts herself off. "Nevermind."

Ace glanced over at her with a smile playing on his lips. "Oh, so you got a bone to pick wit ya moms?"

"...forget it. I said nevermind."

The car got quiet again.

Just when Davanee was gonna break the silence, Ace's iPhone that was hooked up to the cell phone cradle started ringing.