55.

Trigger warning - Self harm.

Song of the Chapter: Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron and Wine

Blaise's POV

     Remember all of that stuff I had said last year about Valentine's Day? I might have to take that back, the holiday grew on me.

        I didn't want to do something completely cheesy for Aary but I also didn't want to just give her a box of chocolates. Like Draco said a while ago, she'd hate that. Speaking of, he helped me a lot with planning the evening for her and I. He's good at doing so, considering he's never done it for someone.

       Aary and I saw each other in class earlier and that's when I told her when to meet me. I also said to wear something cute but she always does that. Once the day was done I rushed to the courtyard and started decorating to the best of my ability.

                       "Aary! Are you ready yet?"

        I finished what I needed to do a few hours ago, then came back to the dorms to get dressed. You'd think she'd be ready now but-

              "I'm going as fast as I can!" She giggles from the other side of the door.

        I groan dramatically and continue to wait impatiently outside. After a few more minutes the door opens. My eyes grow big immediately.

         "Bloody hell," I say under my breath. "How do you manage to still take my breath away?"

       With her hand in mine I spin her slowly in a circle and the redness in her cheeks increases, matching her dress.

        (Aary's outfit for Valentine's Day)             

          "I'm sorry it took so long, I had to dig in Mal's closet for this jumper."

         I pull her in for a hug and gently kiss her on the forehead. "It's alright, I got a lot done while waiting."

                          Aary's eyebrow raises. "Like what?"

       Instead of explaining, I start pulling her towards the exit of the common room. She doesn't stop asking questions but I refuse to say a word.

              "Can you at least tell me where we're going?" She laughs.

        I zip my lips playfully but we turn into the courtyard anyway, giving it away. I put her in front of me and use both of my hands to cover her eyes, then carefully walk her over to the opposite side.

                                "You ready?" I ask.

          She nods her head and pulls my hands away from her face quickly. I watch as her eyes grow big while staring down at the green and black picnic blanket with food all in the center. A big smile forms on her face the longer she looks at it.