Chapter 26

Darkness fills my mind. My eyelids refuse to budge open. I can feel my heart grow with speed as I get scared of the thought of being paralyzed. I try and scrunch my nose to see if I am able to move. As my nose scrunches, I move to my fingertips, then slowly touch what I think are bed sheets.

"Did you run a diagnostic on the girl today?" I can hear a male voice speak from over my body. My heart starts racing knowing there are people in the room with me.

"I ran one this morning, let me do one now." A female voice that I recognize responds. I hear her footsteps come closer. Only a few more moments pass until I hear small mumbles from the two of them.

"It says she is fully recovered, she will wake up today. You can have her then." The woman speaks. Who is the man asking about my health? What is happening? Why can't I open my damn eyes.

The more I struggle, the less confidence I have in myself waking up. As I sit and wait for some overwhelming movement in my body, I drift asleep.

My eyes dart open to a bright light hanging over me. I am awake. I blink my eyes several times trying to grow awareness of my surroundings. I slowly sit up in the bed to see where I am and who is near.

Hospital beds line around the room. I turn my neck and see a woman with her face in a cabinet trying to do what looks like organize potions.

"Excuse me.." my voice is weak, I almost don't even recognize it. The woman turns around, Madam Pomfrey.

"Oh you're awake!" She runs towards me with a twisted face. I feel more at peace seeing someone I find comfort in. "Lay back down, go back to sleep!" He hurries out with a look of panic.

"Madam Pomfrey, where am I? What is happening?" I hurry out trying to grow some understanding of what the hell is going on.

"Hurry Olivia, I need you to pretend you are still asleep!" She tries to lay me back down.

I am unsure of why she is in such a state of worry for me to go back to bed, "Please, tell me what is going on!" My voice becomes stronger.

"I-I, I can't. Not right now, you need more tim-"

A man walks into the room, tall of stature. His face reads discomfort in my bones, "Well would you look at that, she is awake." A smirk grows on the curves of his lips.

As he comes closer, I recognize the features on his face. The look of a boy in Slytherin, but older.

"I'm not sure she is ready for transfer just yet Sir." Madam Pomfrey quakes.

The older man's face scrunches, "As long as she is awake, it really does not matter."

I remain silent trying to connect the dots as to what is happening. I press my fingertips together just to make sure I am still alive and not dreaming.

"Master Nott, I-"

Nott, Theo's father. That is why I recognize his features. Although Theo is a lot more handsome than his father.

"Enough. Have her discharged immediately. I will be waiting for her outside." With that he exits the room in a swift motion. The silence in the room radiates through my ears.

I turn my attention to my former instructor, "Madam Pomfrey, please explain why I am here."

She lowers her head and lets out a deep sigh, "We lost." The moment the words escape her lips my body feels numb. We lost. The memories of the war escalate in my mind. The bodies flying through the air. The castle falling apart above me. Samuel laying on the floor grasping his wand. Harry's lifeless body. Dean.