─ trente

TRENTE

the girls, the gays and the nonbinary babes!

JAMES HAD KEPT his word in letting Lily Luna have a day just with Lily. As much as he loved them, he still feared his family and he really wanted to get to the end of 7th year. So, Lily Luna and Lily Edwards were frolicking in the woods near the lavender fields in dresses.

They had gathered a large amount of lavender as well as an assortment of flowers and leaves and were now sat underneath a large tree, making flower crowns. They chatted absentmindedly as they weaved the materials together. 

Lily Luna finished hers first, shouting in victory ( as she'd never been terribly good at making them, so this was a win ). She placed it on her head, adjusting her hair as she saw necessary and hummed while Lily finished her own. 

"If you don't mind," Lily said as she set down her almost finished crown. "I've brought my notebook. I have to journal everyday for therapy and I didn't get a chance to yet — "

"Oh my Merlin!" Lily Luna gasped. "Of course! Dad always talks about the journals he did when him and mum went to therapy after the war. So I've started to as well!"

Lily Luna pulled out a journal decorated with painted daisies. 

"Hey-" Lily gasped as she took the journal from the red head. "I remember painting this."

"Yeah," Lily Luna said with a blush. "I- I always viewed you as ... it's weird ... like a sister and so I wanted you to come wherever we went I guess."

Lily looked back up at Lily Luna, who had drawn back, and she had a soft smile on her face.

"I've always thought of you as my sister too," Lily said softly. "I never had siblings and you and Al and my friends are the closest I've gotten." 

"Trust me," Lily Luna grumbled. "You don't want siblings. All they do is take your stuff and just walk into your room and stare at you."

"What?" Lily asked, visibly confused.

"Exactly," Lily Luna replied. 

"So James just —" Lily asked with a weirded out face.

"Come into my room and stare at me? Nah, Al does that. But James does trip me a lot and he hides my stuff," Lily Luna explained.

"I- why am I surprised?" Lily exclaimed as she stared at her crown in defeat.

"Yeah why are you surprised? Because in some ways he was worse to you than to us," Lily Luna said.

"I don't know if that's true," Lily replied.