Prologue: Midnight Chase

It all started with a bang.

Y'know, the big bang? Not sex okay? Horny jail to those who thought of the latter.

The accumulated matter was shaped into a minuscule ball, this particular ball contained a collection of infinite densities and intense heat, this particular ball also contained infinite possibilities of a single person.

We all know this as a Singularity.

Then, everything inside the ball expanded, dust clouds that shined in a myriad of hues, clusters of superheated balls trying to outshine each other in the fabled "interdimensional dick-measuring contest". And in the dark corners of this newly-made space, lies an invisible force that was so good at sucking it devoured everything in its path.

The possibilities also expanded, but there was one difference, all of the paths of that one person interconnected like a spider's intricate web, whether by a knot or a single thin piece of string, all these possibilities would happen to one individual at the center of the web, as it should be.

"GET BACK HERE PRIDE!!! YOU WERE TRYING TO OUT-PIZZA THE HUT, NO?!??

Hm? That was earlier than expected, no matter. Everything is already in place, time for the players to appear.

"Tch, you're talking nonsense you over intelligent monkey!!"

"I'LL TAKE THAT AS A COMPLIMENT!"

A boy no less than twenty years, silky, midnight-black hair reached his neck, ending in individual strands that violently flapped in the wind. He wore a blood-stained suit, the crimson hidden by the dark colour, a chipped blade resting in his hand, the handle and grip of the decorated in various gems and metal parts.

The man he was chasing frowned, it was unfair, his pursuer came out of nowhere, a bloodlust he had already witnessed multiple times in his century-long lifetime. His long crimson hair also flapped wildly in the stale wind, it annoyed him a lot.

If he made a distraction right now, he could have enough time to tie his hair, and possibly escape.

Violet energy gathered in his scarred palm, swirling around him like a whirlpool of power, it burst into flames of the same hue, none of the wispy fires scorching his lower garments or his bare chest.

"Shameless Epoch."

Once the name was uttered, the flames were released, and like shooting with a bow, the onslaught was compressed into a single, precise line that pierced through everything in its path.

His pursuer silently clicked his tongue, after some quick thinking, decided to take the full brunt of the beam. He wouldn't be able to dodge it anyway, countless hours of studying his prey he had already learned what he could do, and what he would attack.

He was determined to hunt Pride down and kill him, even if he was mortally wounded, he will still pursue him in the afterlife.

The beam passed through his body, penetrating close to his heart. The boy flinched, but felt nothing, everything was numb to him, he would not pay attention to the pain, not when one of the people he wanted to obliterate for years is nowhere, just in front of him.

"Pride": Grrr...! You...! You took everything from me!! You made me a laughing stock among my siblings!!! You took away the kingdom I had built for so long!! EVERYTHING I WORKED SO HARD FOR IS ALL GONE BECAUSE OF YOU!!!

The boy was not there anymore once he recovered his breath, in a panicked but still relatively calm manner, he scanned his mysterious yellow eyes around the infinite void they were in.

"Pride": Gurrghh...!

He suddenly lurched forward, coughing out spit and bile. A fist collided with his abdomen, which sent great pain to spread in that specific area. He was surprised at the boy's speed and agility, as it has already been a few years since their last meeting.