Chapter 10-The Battle between the three years

"Uh student council president are you sure you want to race against me?" I asked the person smirking in front of me.

"Why would I be joking? It would be a shame not to compete with a fellow first year." He replied not even looking at younger Horikita.

Horikita was looking down. She knew that I knew her brother as I had trapped her last time with his contact number. But still she wouldn't have expected this.

"Then why me if I ask?" I asked him. We had attracted too much attention. Well, I was already popular, but I hadn't shown any abilities and this much spotlight might put even more restrictions on me.

"I just wanted to know, how much the speed of an 'Ordinary student' really is?" Damn this guy.

I sighed, "But are you sure, you might not get the competition you need if you compete with me."

At this he looked at the person who was standing beside me, he was a third year in elder Horikita's class. The boy immediately took the message and went to take Elder Horikita's place in the final lineup.

Then he looked back at me, "Are you sure about that?"

As if on a cue another person approached us.

Nagumo Miyabi.

He looked at me with interest, "Hey you are the same boy I saw that day after the sports meeting between the three years aren't you. It seems Ryūen is too soft as you are still alive."

Isn't that too harsh, Ah Ayanokouji don't mind him. You can't do anything; you are very ordinary unlike Ryūen and Nagumo.

"Uh yeah I guess." I replied.

He laughed and patted my back, "Oi boy cheer up, I didn't expect anything from you so no need to be ashamed. But I am quite interested, Horikita senpai seems to have some interest in you."

"It's nothing like that, it's just we two are acquaintances so Horikita senpai wanted to have race with me." I replied.

Nagumo looked at elder Horikita, but his expression was unreadable.

Nagumo smirked, " then why don't we spice up things a little. You have caught my interest too Ayanokoji."

Why did I choose this school? Well, no use moping,

"Let's make this race a race between three years, shall we?" Nagumo said smirking.

"What are you up to Nagumo." Elder Horikita looked at Nagumo wary of his intentions.

"Nothing senpai, you see I wanted to race against you. But it seems you want to race against this first year. Don't you think he should know about both his seniors rather than just you?" Nagumo asked smirking.

Elder Horikita looked at him then at me. I kept silent. Maybe elder Horikita would pity me and leave me alone...

"Fine let's have a race then."

I was being too optimistic. For some reason I was suspicious of Elder Horikita. He was not a person who would have agreed with this. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

A teacher has approached us thinking that there was a commotion, "What's happening here?" He asked in a stern voice.

Nagumo looked at him, "We are making changes in our positions if it's okay."

"Now?" Mashima sensei asked looking at the time. This was the last event and they had to wrap the sports festival soon.

"Yes Sensei" Horikita Manabu replied.